TIME TO BUY YOUR TICKETS - 2022 SALISH SEA SPRING FISHING DERBY - SAT. MARCH 26TH

SVIAC

The 2022 SALISH SEA SPRING FISHING DERBY – SATURDAY, MARCH 26TH - 6:00am to 4:00pm - The fishing has been great, there's lots of salmon and halibut around, weather forecast is looking stable, rod tickets are only $65 each ... so what a great way to spend your Saturday - fishing for Chinook – and you can still keep one before April 1st regs. change - all while raising money for the important Sooke Chinook sea pen project.

The Event Team from SOUTH VANCOUVER ISLAND ANGLERS COALITION invite to come on out ... The Salish Sea Spring Fishing Derby is a one day fun salmon fishing derby that runs rain or shine. Derby HQ, weigh scale and post-fishing prize awards will be at Cheanuh Marina. Rod Tickets ($65.00 each) and Skippers Challenge Tickets ($50.00 each) are available at Cheanuh Marina office, Trotac Marine, and Island Outfitters - or by phone at (778) 426-4141 or online. Swag Draw Tickets ($10.00 each) are available online or on the day at Cheanuh Marina. Get tickets, derby information, derby rules and prize information can all be found at: https://www.anglerscoalition.com/2022sssfd/

Derby 1 2022.jpg derby 2 2022.jpg

Poster says 1/3 to largest salmon, 1/3 to random cash prize, 1/3 to SVIAC. Unless I’m missing something?

Maybe the small print was copied from last years poster and not updated.
this year is 1/3 salmon, 1/3 Hali, 1/3 SVIAC, downrigger random draw? That’s what I’ll assume.

I was going to be away and unable to attend but I’m freed up now and will see if I can still get a ticket.

Not as many folks in the derby this year - 62 tickets. Need to get more next derby. $1334 + $800 side bet for biggest salmon, 1334 for biggest halibut and 3 great draw prizes and lots and lots of tackle grab bags. Good time was had by all.

SVIAC still needs lots of $ to raise for this years 660,000 smolts and also needs volunteers to man the net pen in Sooke in April and May.

If you want to help out please contact info@anglerscoalition.com

62 tickets ? I figured there would be at least double that. I would be curious how many SVIAC memberships are current ?

Back