The future of the Prospect Lake boat launch on Echo Drive.

Just an FYI that there is a resident on Prospect Lake that is trying very hard to stop people from launching boats by trailer on to the lake from the Echo Drive boat launch. He just purchased a property close to the launch that he knew was there and now he is fighting hard to close it permanently or drastically reduce the hours by putting up a gate. He also illegally put up buoy’s in front of his property and claims that no one can boat in his water. I have met him and he is a real piece of work. Many residents are outraged with this topic as they all launch their boats there as well. I am not a resident on the lake but I have enjoyed teaching my children how to fish there as it is a great lake for beginners and experts. We have had many 6am mornings catching rainbows on the fly there. If a gate goes up, the lake would open at 8am and close at 8pm or 9pm.
Feel free to voice your concerns about this by filling out the Prospect Lake access survey that is found on the Prospect Lake Community Association Website. http://www.pldca.ca/

The survey closes Sept 11, 2011.

P.S Be warned that if this resident ( Loser) see’s any sign of beer in your boat through his Bino’s while you are fishing, the RCMP will be waiting at the launch to check you. They were waiting for us.... and they founds my sons “Dads Root Beer” that resembles a beer bottle.... Everyone had a chuckle as this looser peered over his fence watching us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up on the survey. I left my two bits. I have had as well as seen some very poor exchanges with this individual and was expecting as much. The individual in question obviously has a personal agenda that is totally not in-line with public as well as local interests.

Sounds like purchasing a house beside the airport and then complaining about the sound of the planes.
Dum bass!
I filled out the survey. Prospect is a great lake for taking kids fishing. With less access to lakes and less stocking of lakes it is important to keep the access available.
Everyone should take the 3 minutes to fill out the survey.

Tips

I too completed the survey indicating that these public accesses to our lakes must be maintained and enhanced.
Additional and improved parking is required at many of these launches. These property owners around the lake
have no right to dictate who uses the lake, how many use the lake or during what hours between daylight and
dark anyone uses this, or other, public lakes. If you too are concerned, as previously mentioned in this thread,
take the time to complete the survey. Tell them how you feel.

I filled out the survey and in the process found out that there are other launches other than Echo on the lake. I had no idea.

And why does there always have to be one donkey in the crowd that wants to ruin a good thing? Imagine going through life being a miserable old cuss like that. Jeezuz!!

My impression is that the other "launches" are just parking close to public access to the lake. Even a light cartopper is tough to launch solo if you can't get pretty close to the water. It would be nice if someone took some pictures of what the access really looks like and if anything besides float tubes can use it.

Back