The Davey Derby

willy

It is with mixed emotions that I am announcing that I will no longer be organizing the Davey Derby.
I guess you could say that we have become victims of our own success. The Davey Derby has grown so much it has truly become a full time job. I have been doing this for thirteen years and it is now time for me to step back and spend my free time with my wife, kids, and grandchildren who have been my biggest supporters and have sacrificed the most.
In thirteen years, the Davey Derby has raised over $205,000.00. That’s a lot of money. But it isn't our money….it’s your money, and our sponsor’s money….and we have treated it as such. All donations have been thoroughly vetted and all expenses accounted for. We ran our event like a business. We treated our sponsors and participants like investors and our beneficiaries like customers. I am very proud of that.

In closing, I cannot begin to thank you all for your time and support.

Thank you all
Audie

It is with mixed emotions that I am announcing that I will no longer be organizing the Davey Derby.
I guess you could say that we have become victims of our own success. The Davey Derby has grown so much it has truly become a full time job. I have been doing this for thirteen years and it is now time for me to step back and spend my free time with my wife, kids, and grandchildren who have been my biggest supporters and have sacrificed the most.
In thirteen years, the Davey Derby has raised over $205,000.00. That’s a lot of money. But it isn't our money….it’s your money, and our sponsor’s money….and we have treated it as such. All donations have been thoroughly vetted and all expenses accounted for. We ran our event like a business. We treated our sponsors and participants like investors and our beneficiaries like customers. I am very proud of that.

In closing, I cannot begin to thank you all for your time and support.

Thank you all
Audie

Audie, any word on what's going to happen to the Derby? Is there someone lined up to fill your shoes? I work for a company that's been a donor for several years and was looking forward to being a part of the derby this year again too. We actually talked about getting a couple boats in the derby this year.

Thanks for the hard work. It's been great to work with you and the awesome cause.

7-2

Hi Audie, as one of the founders and organizers of another large derby I feel your exhaustion and can absolutely understand your decision. After 8 years of presidency of our event I stepped back to a little less demanding position. It burns you out and if no one steps up to the plate to take over in time it leaves you unfortunately with no alternative. It is truly sad to see this tradition fade and I want to express my highest appreciation for your achievements, your years long dedication and your professional approach in organizing this well known event. It will be missed by the charities and by many who enjoyed the good times.

Maybe this can serve as a wakeup call for some who take it for granted that things get tastefully organized like mom's daily dinner but never feel inclined to lend a hand or help out with the many many tasks that involve organizing such an event. It is often a thankless volunteer job and I want to take this thread here as an opportunity to praise the volunteers of the Davey Derby, my derby and many other likeminded events that rely on their dedication. Many thanks, your work has not gone unnoticed by the ones in the know and by the many charities that receive the benefits!

I completely understand the need to step back Audie. Thank you very much for your many years of hard work fundraising for a great cause. Hopefully, someone new will take up the lead as this is a great derby for good causes. Good on ya!

I hope this derby continues its one I looked forward to every year. Thanks for all your work Auddie I hope somebody takes over.

Any word on if anyone is going to take over. Would hate to see this derby come to an end.

Good On you and your for the HUGE 13 Years of heart full dedication ! Leave being PROUD of what you have accomplished !

Back