Superstitions - - you can't leave port without!

Beer t shirts, I had a "Fiji Bitter" shirt that I could do no wrong wearing.. but Its gone missing :(

I'm not sure if this counts... but if you forget to bring a net you always seem to find fish.

Old hatchery hat. No bananas, no citrus fruit. Odd numbers on the riggers and immediately after the riggers are down, the net gets wet and checked.

Been known to have the occasional chat with the Fish Goddess.

No bananas on board and the net must get dipped as soon as the gear goes down

fishin beecher on sunday, beautiful day, fishin buddy pulls a banana out of his lunch SON OF A *****!!!!!!!!! well you know how the rest of the story goes

Here's a few:

1. No bananas

2. Sacrificial drink spilled to the sea (just a bit) to feed the ocean when cracking a cold one

3. No negative bad karma talk

4. Always put your left shoe on first and tie it first

5. Always stop your rigger on uneven numbers

Haha ill never forget the silence of a 5am morning being broken by "Bastards" when you found the 5 foot banana in your captains seat.

Trophywife we are printing off more batches this year. Hopefully we come up with something clever that will make the shirt worth buying for fisherman. A 12 pack and an hour of brainstorming should do it.

Been known to have the occasional chat with the Fish Goddess.

aYup! She Who Rules Decides the Day! Sacrifices are of course Welcome!!

mermaid1.sized.jpg

Others include the No Bananas, a couple of my most trusted spoons & plugs, and of course favorite fishing hat (actually the over-sized brass hook in the bill received for landing a 27.5 pound steelhead! - MUST be there!)

Hunting too has it's Must-Haves. Most notably a rather tattered old T Shirt - Painted Dog Research in Africa (several Buddies on that project). Since getting it and taking my Greater Kudu and a whole handful of African species while wearing it, it has well proven it's Magic back here in North America. Literally dozens upon dozens of critters have succumbed to it's call!

Hmmm.... Maybe I should try the shirt out for fishing... :D

Cheers,
Nog

Was out fishing the last two days and as I did it I thought of this thread. I always do 8 loops when tying a simple knot. 7 i feel is lucky but I always go to 8 because if I used 7, it would become unlucky...if that makes sense.

lost a steely in the high teens in close so I probably should have tried for 7 that time.

For our crew it's alot of what has been published already. Except the banana thing has been pulled on me more times then I want to remember. Only after a great day of fishing. After a good catch someone brings one out and say's ........."see it doesn't mean squat". Ha ha. All in good fun.

I don't have alot really. Just get out there and have fun.

We do the sandwich, beer, or **** routine quite often how ever because everone know's if you grab or do any of those a bite will happen:D.

Ours is a different one.... After we land the first fish we crank Black Betty on the stereo. Sometimes depending on alcohol levels it gets so bad that we all start singing it all day. The past summer we stayed at Woods End landing and Terry the owner asked if we were a mariachi band....Some how I think he was making fun of us...

Also as long as it's legal the first fish stays in the box.

Thanks best fishing investment I have made ;) Besides I can not let Felix have all the fun.....

Too damn many striper owners in this thread. What's with you guys and the loyalty to your stripers??????? ;-)

Back