Sunshine Coast

Chuck

With the way things are these days and bored out of my mind I’m thinking I’d get the boat ready and take it out to Sechelt and possibly up to Lund. I have never fished that area and being this early. Would there be any Springs around at this time or is it much too early? Or would anyone have any suggestions to fish a better area nearby?

With the way things are these days and bored out of my mind I’m thinking I’d get the boat ready and take it out to Sechelt and possibly up to Lund. I have never fished that area and being this early. Would there be any Springs around at this time or is it much too early? Or would anyone have any suggestions to fish a better area nearby?
Coming from where? Gulf Islands would be my choice if it was about fishing.

Had a friend fishing out of the Half Moon Bay Area yesterday. Had piles of action, into 7 springs I believe and a couple in the boat. Sounded like a great day of social distancing to me.

Pender Harbour has been going off, decent size fish for this time of year as well.
Powell River has been very productive in the last couple of weeks too. You have a tough time beating winter spring fishing on the Sunshine Coast.

Has been a great winter and steady springs. Not as many undersize for us lately but the bigger fish are there. 14# last trip out.
Secret cove to Powell river should all be good.

Back