Where to fish in April?

jcon12

Hi all,

Our April long plans have gone a little sideways as I was originally planning on heading up to Pender harbour however my fishing partner's wife decided they would "do something else".

I'm thinking a solo trip is in order.. likely taking a 17 Arima with me and can both boat or trailer to the spot and would like to spend a few nights (hotel, camp etc). Happy to head up the coast, to the island or where have you.

Any suggestions on where to go, sleep and fish?

I am located in Vancouver.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi all,

Our April long plans have gone a little sideways as I was originally planning on heading up to Pender harbour for the rockfish opening however my fishing partner's wife decided they would "do something else".

I'm thinking a solo trip is in order.. likely taking a 17 Arima with me and can both boat or trailer to the spot and would like to spend a few nights (hotel, camp etc). Happy to head up the coast, to the island or where have you.

Thanks!
I thought that ling and rockfish don't open this side until 1 may-salmon is out as well unless things change!!

Hi all,

Our April long plans have gone a little sideways as I was originally planning on heading up to Pender harbour for the rockfish opening however my fishing partner's wife decided they would "do something else".

Thanks!
Lings & Rockies don’t open till May 1. You’re gonna have to head to the west coast.

Maybe your buddy’s wife works for DFO?? ;)
There’s a proposal by the SFAB that may give us some opportunities. Maybe wait a bit until DFO issues the fishing notices in about a couple of weeks?

Go to Hardy...moor & stay at the Quarterdeck...run up to Cape Sutil/Nahwitti Bar. Area 11 is usually open April. Might drag up a hali as by-catch.

Go to Hardy...moor & stay at the Quarterdeck...run up to Cape Sutil/Nahwitti Bar. Area 11 is usually open April. Might drag up a hali as by-catch.
How long of a run is it up to Sutil? Thinking of fishing up there this spring. Running a 24' Pursuit.

Pretty damn good salmon fishing right here on the inside in april. Ground fish, yeah not happening but probly better salmon fishing and weather. Sooke and vic, french creek and texada is where I'd be rolling.

Back