Sunken Boat @ China Creek Ramp

Derby

Crew Member
Was out @ China Creek this afternoon & was wondering if anyone had the story on the boat? Looked like the Cops and a tow truck with a trailer where trying to fish a upside down 21 ft glass boat on to a trailer. :( never a good sight

Did fish -Just happen to be checking out Moorage for my boat for the next couple weeks- Hear it's slow inside-Work hard for a couple in the broken Group- We haven't had a good shot of springs yet in the broken Group -should be anytime or they are not coming [V]

I saw a few pictures of that boat, sounds like it had quite a few people veiwing it as entertainment.
I'm going out tomorow and probably fish underwood. I hope it speeds up out there.

I remember a few years ago watching a Washington Rv show up and p;ark at the ramp. Disconnect, then turn the rig around to hook up to a front bumper hitch. He got the boat wet then hit the brakes, the hitch strap around the front bumper broke and the boat launched and the trailer bounced its way under water and out of sight. They paid some kids to dive down with a rope to get it back. It was down deep, but they got it out. They moored the boat in the creek, got up in the morning to find it high and dry on the rocks. The tide re-floated it later that day and they loaded it back on the trailer and took off. Guess not many good memories of China Creek.

Just talked to someone who I believe found out the story- A new bilge pump put in backwards or wired wrong? They had there boat tied up a the fuel dock flipped the bilge pump on & left for a hour-pumped the water into the boat? Not sure if that can happen[:I]

quote:Originally posted by Derby

Just talked to someone who I believe found out the story- A new bilge pump put in backwards or wired wrong? They had there boat tied up a the fuel dock flipped the bilge pump on & left for a hour-pumped the water into the boat? Not sure if that can happen[:I]

theoretically it cant happen, but with gorbies... WHO KNOWS!![xx(]

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

quote:Originally posted by Derby

theoretically it cant happen, but with gorbies... WHO KNOWS!![xx(]

Now, why couldn’t you have simply said, unless you are talking about an Archimedes Screw, modern day bilge pumps are designed to only pump – one way! And, even though bilge pumps are controlled by a DC motor, which DC motors can be reversed by reversing polarity, modern bilge pumps are not designed to reverse. Then you could have stated a sport boat pumping water from the bilge usually discharges above the water line, which makes it very unlikely that a bilge pump could be installed where it could possibly draw water back into any sport boat that size? It could have been a raw water pump?

There is no “theoretically” or “Gorby” to it, unless the bilge pump was modified and the discharge was installed below the water line!

BTW… You do know to people living in China Creek… YOU ARE A GORBY! That would make you... a “GORBY BOAT MECHANIC”! LOL [:0]:D

DSC01311-1-2.jpg

There's always a way for things to happen. A few years back we owned an older Reinell cruiser. The evening before we had a send off party with at least 12 guests on our fully loaded boat destined for 5 weeks in the Broughtons. To make a long story short, when my wife woke me up in the middle of the night I discovered that the middle bilge line had been siphoning. Two float switches had failed. I replaced everything that morning and installed a check valve. Departed a day late after rigorous testing.

If you see a cabin cruiser coming at you while you are playing a hog, 2 guys sitting inside paying no attention drinking coffee, full canvas over the cockpit with just the side curtains removed, dragging bull kelp on the old blue plastic scotty hand crank riggers and also the engine leg, a centre rod with 6 onces and 300 feet of line out the back....good bet they are gorbies...so watch out they will cut that hog off!!!!

Back