Spoons and Spinners

ipbuckin

I wanted to ask what you fellas think about the little spinners that some spoons have located on either the apex or the hook end of some spoons. I see Radiant hootchies also have a small Cowichan type spinner at the apex of the hootchie. Do they create a sound that attracts fish? More important do they work? Some guys remove them, some leave them. Personally, I catch so few salmon I cannot see much difference! Also what about those little puckie things with 2 wings
that are available to attach ahead of the spoon or hootchie? Thanks, Guys, I would appreciate your thoughts!

quote:Originally posted by ipbuckin

I wanted to ask what you fellas think about the little spinners that some spoons have located on either the apex or the hook end of some spoons. I see Radiant hootchies also have a small Cowichan type spinner at the apex of the hootchie. Do they create a sound that attracts fish? More important do they work? Some guys remove them, some leave them. Personally, I catch so few salmon I cannot see much difference! Also what about those little puckie things with 2 wings
that are available to attach ahead of the spoon or hootchie? Thanks, Guys, I would appreciate your thoughts!

Personally, I like the little spinners and tails that some spoons have. I think anything that adds a little motion and sound is better than nothing. Sort of depends on what mood the fish are in that day...

I tend to catch smaller fish when I have those little spinner blades on the spoons. Probably just coincidence though...

I too catch so few fish these days (Sunshine Coast) that it's really hard to see a pattern at all anymore. [xx(]

Back