Sooke2015

Fished 3-6pm off Secretary. Had a couple chinook around 6lbs (released), hooked one probably around 10lbs but that was a long line release, released at least one smallish coho, released lots of pink but kept enough for another batch in the canner. Pink fishing seemed to abruptly turn off around 5, whereas prior to that it was quite consistent. Not many boats out for a summer weekend afternoon.

Much as I like fishing possession and the island im sick of feeding the seals so today I planned to drop my gear in the 120 line off the bluffs and troll to muir . Just got the gear down and tied into this 38.5 "freight train" on bloody nose glow, green gold hot spot 90' in 120'. Naturally this always happens when your alone with 3 downriggers down, 26 hourston to handle and a kelp island close by103.jpg to boot but a big smile at the end of the day! Good luck guys

That's a beauty but looks photo shopped to me something fishy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
attachment.php

where's the like button?

nice fish

NICE one !!! was it a white?

As for report seems its good first light then at the low slack from what im observing, crew today managed to get into a few today and landed 4 all teeners and some pinks of course.all depths and colors and 2 on the sitka spoon..

That's a pig pachito,, one heck of a fish..

Personely I wouldnt have acknowledged him in anyway pachito,, that's a heck of a fish,, if they can't see it for what it is,, that's their problem. Ignore and don't feed the **** heads and they will leave.

Well done once again.

Decent morning

IMG_00000335.jpg

Started at 8 and quit by noon. Lots of pinks early and then the springs moved in later. 4 springs up to 21lb, 1 coho and 9 pinks. All caught old school (Peetz rods and 2 lb balls).

That is a nice Tyee anywhere Pachito, but in Sooke waters, by yourself and fishing 3 riggers, that’s an accomplishment. You can tick that off of your bucket list.

Started really early like first light, went straight to trap to secretary long line released three probably pinks, got one pink, broke off a twenty (guess) spring, then called it a day had to be home for noon :(

Another nice day on the water and even better once I found a spot that got me away from the pestering pinks. Lost our first spring to the boat which was about 15 pounds and then made a depth adjustment both in terms of the water depth I was fishing and dropped the gear down a bit too. Ended up hitting and landing 5 out of 6 in very quick succession including a double. They went 32, 30, 17, 15 and 12 pounds. All reds. All the pictures I took today have the yellow/brown hue to them as a result of all the smoke in the sky from the fire up Island.

To report on this forum you need to post a newspaper with today's date in the picture with the fish!! Just kidding. Now that's a day of fishing. Nicely done.

Back