Sooke Reports - Spring/Summer 09

Just back from the trailer and fished Saturday and Sunday(heard fah cups on the radio and chatted with him) Stayed West of the fleet and fished in the deep water off of Muir and Shearingham , a few coho around 40 ft but the bigger ones were hitting at 90 to 115ft on white hootchie and Batrix rigged herring behind glow white flasher, all leaders were 44 ins.

AL

quote:Originally posted by Fins -n- Skins

Was out off Sec. in 560-580 ft of water. Hitting them up high 30 ft and of course right on the surface with the Bucktail.. Also hit a couple around 110-120. Best Ho action i have seen in Sooke in years..

x3

Anyone fishing in the harbour.....

Area 20

All salmon species: Subareas 20-6, 20-7 (Sooke Harbour): no angling with a hook having more than one point until December 31, 2009. Listed on 18/09/2009 FN0735

More room to fly fish [8D]

I took a walk out on billing spit sunday and seen fish jumping all over.I'm guessing they aint biting to much.Was thinking of getting out the dinghy and seeing if any of these guys will bite.

quote:Originally posted by fishflyguy89

quote:Originally posted by highlights

Oh they'll bite;)

X2 :D

Ayup

Had to inform a few people of the change. Most didnt seem to care as I still havent seen the notice posted anywhere yet

I've not thrown any lines inside this year. .......and the change is?

All I see on the notice is Chinook non retention.

What ammendment have they made?

HL

No trebles.... people are still ripping buzz bombs though.

Area 20

All salmon species: Subareas 20-6, 20-7 (Sooke Harbour): no angling with a hook having more than one point until December 31, 2009. Listed on 18/09/2009 FN0735

I actually witnessed a 13 pound coho clipped being taken off billing spit last week! Almost got me excited to give it a try. Just so sad to see people snagging with buzz bombs. On a side note. The only 2 i saw caught that day both bit the hook! Green and white 4 ounce buzz bomb!

Good Luck!

-Steve

Still lots of coho out off S.I. and the bluffs, west to tin shed. Fished 350 to 500 feet tack, 70 to 120 down. Played over 20 coho, most 10-12 pounds, 1 went 16. Kept 5 hatchery from 6 to 9 lbs. Shakers still around but not as bad as 2 weeks ago.

quote:Originally posted by highlights

Coyote spoons. #4-5 Stacked 30/60 70/100 with two more flat. No flashers. 3.5kts- 4.2kts We limited in hatchery Ho's smallest being 12lb. Biggest low twenties

I'm hitting Renfrew for those bigg'ns later next week.[:p]

***** smaller springs were taken early while we were hunting for the school. At first every rod had a differant offering. Hootchies and bait took those smaller fish. Once a descent school was located all gear was replaced with the spoons.

Heres a recap JS

Hope it helps:D

Back