Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

I hear ya Wolf and I get your anger. but honestly letting go that clipped sockeye isn't going to harm DFO it only hurts rec fishers.

Good to hear your report, I will be in the area tomorrow to load up on pinks with some friends.

Cheers

Englishman...I'm going to be organizing a fall fishing seminar (advanced) for around 100 people to attend. Industry leaders/experts will be there along with displays etc. It will be held at the Charters River salmon Centre on a weekend when the salmon are spawning in the river outside the building. I'm guessing about $25 per head with all proceeds to the centre. Stay tuned.

Mama! You know that it takes a special roll to catch them and yrs of experience to find the elusive hatch pink! Lmao

Englishman...I'm going to be organizing a fall fishing seminar (advanced) for around 100 people to attend. Industry leaders/experts will be there along with displays etc. It will be held at the Charters River salmon Centre on a weekend when the salmon are spawning in the river outside the building. I'm guessing about $25 per head with all proceeds to the centre. Stay tuned.
Sounds good. I'm in!
English

Hell, count me in too Rolly. I've been out of it for so long and I could use some refresher. I'll bring my Son and Daughter too :)

Hmm with the millions of Socks passing by now :confused: the ellusive Cultus Lake Sockeye, tell me if I turn the head in do i get a prize?...sammy

Let me know when and where. I'm in!

Oh Fins....take me for a drift this winter!!
Came back on the late morning shift off Secretary and also hit a 29lber, 69 ft on the rigger.....betsey,blue head; same with the 42. Biggie was at 82 on the rigger, good luck!!

Luna! We finally found one on the right day!!!!! Great times and thank god Thom was responsible enough to stop drinking early! lol

Oh Fins....take me for a drift this winter!!
Came back on the late morning shift off Secretary and also hit a 29lber, 69 ft on the rigger.....betsey,blue head; same with the 42. Biggie was at 82 on the rigger, good luck!!

Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us, guys. :p

Good job Pac. Beauty!

One more day:cool:

Out @ the crack of 10 knowing there was a derby dicided to exit stage left.Passed lippy & fly guy's pop on the way (seems like Junior slept in)... nice to finally put a face to the name.Got to the rock in time to watch Derryk(Slegg lumber stud) boat a contender...finished 2 short of a 5 card stud (Spring,Sockeye & Pink)
...sammy

Yes they were dancing fools and i know there heads will be hurting today as the lucksters were flowing might fine... fingers crossed for my buddy this is where the stress comes in now hoping no one gets a bigger one LOL you hope for things like wind, killer whales ,someone gets cut off etc etc LOL LOL.

GOOD LUCK BOYS WOLFLY!!!!!!

Hope the "boss" lets ya keep the new ride Addicted... That thing is pretty sweet, didn't realize it was a full set up, good score!

Slower today than yesterday. Saw few played and scratched a 14 and a bit and one just shy of that. Nuthin decent for us this weekend

Found a magic juice that pinks don't like
1.gif
One pink and seven(half decent) springs to the bucket in four days on the bait... I'll take that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Joined the zoo today. Two teener springs and a bunch of pinks for release. Not a sock in sight now that they are open. Damn! Even the pinks were only here and there. Looked not very impressive at the Cheanuh cleaning station. Didn't see anything over 20#.

Back