Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Ah yes the Wolf and Mama hit up Otter today for some funny s#@t. Don't even know where to start. I guess the this is my rod and that is yours set the pace for the day. His "special roll" vs my meat chopper, who would prevail. So first thing i get a hit. reel reel set miss f#@k!. start stirring the pot on how my roll is better. Second hit, reel reel set miss f#@k! So them Roy with his brickfists starts bagging on my rigger to "call them in" and right when hit did it BANG third hit reel reel set head shake sreammmmmm pop miss f#@k. All on my West Coast Chopper roll. So i start sticking it two him. At this point fishing slowed. Wolfy hits up the best on the water breakfast this side of Japan. Then a bit of time goes by my rod band again reel reel set miss f#@k. Now im starting to get the gears for how many fish i missed! next all is quiet untill THUMP! port rod burried on Wolfies side. reel reel set reel reel net boom 25lber and he starts in about the roll. Man im in for it now. 10 minutes later Boom same rod reel reel net bonk boom. 27lber. Then 20 mins boom my rod reel reel set miss f#@k and then again reel reel set miss f#@k. I give up lol. sure enough his goes off again with another small chinook. I cant match the Wolf roll in Sooke. All kidding aside, great day on the water with Blue Wolf with some nice fish. Glass calm and sunny to boot. That sure is a sweet rig to fish out of. I still think he has my side rigged with rubber hooks though! lol

yo mama,next time (boat rules) are fish/fish;)...sammy

Ah yes the Wolf and Mama hit up Otter today for some funny s#@t. Don't even know where to start. I guess the this is my rod and that is yours set the pace for the day. His "special roll" vs my meat chopper, who would prevail. So first thing i get a hit. reel reel set miss f#@k!. start stirring the pot on how my roll is better. Second hit, reel reel set miss f#@k! So them Roy with his brickfists starts bagging on my rigger to "call them in" and right when hit did it BANG third hit reel reel set head shake sreammmmmm pop miss f#@k. All on my West Coast Chopper roll. So i start sticking it two him. At this point fishing slowed. Wolfy hits up the best on the water breakfast this side of Japan. Then a bit of time goes by my rod band again reel reel set miss f#@k. Now im starting to get the gears for how many fish i missed! next all is quiet untill THUMP! port rod burried on Wolfies side. reel reel set reel reel net boom 25lber and he starts in about the roll. Man im in for it now. 10 minutes later Boom same rod reel reel net bonk boom. 27lber. Then 20 mins boom my rod reel reel set miss f#@k and then again reel reel set miss f#@k. I give up lol. sure enough his goes off again with another small chinook. I cant match the Wolf roll in Sooke. All kidding aside, great day on the water with Blue Wolf with some nice fish. Glass calm and sunny to boot. That sure is a sweet rig to fish out of. I still think he has my side rigged with rubber hooks though! lol

Haha, good story. Maybe you should add another "reel" before setting.;) That happens to all of us some days. At least they we're biting.

Fished Possession for the morning. Good bite 6am to 7:30. Hit 5, lost 2 to the seals with some gear included. Kept teenager and released a teenager. 50 to 80 ft on the rigger, chovies with betsy and bloody nose teaser. Slow from 8 to 10 and then went in.

De nada, nos vemos aya... Hasta manana... Don sammy

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL LOL
you guys are hilariuos love it...
WELL for a report went with a FAMOUS guide/carpenter/writer who is a regular on this forum to say the least I had a great time on a "day off" to fish!!!!!!! we got 2 great fish that were awesome fights a 27 and a 25 lber ill post a pic later maybe you can figure out who it is..... LOL LOL ill let him tell the rest of the story.... about the days events!!!!!!!!!!!LOL LOL

Wolf

Whoa now..... I heard you only got 2........

Through the grape vine..I heard FFG89 had a pretty epic day.... He got 0 dogs ;)

And 4 Ho's............

HEY lip yep just only 2 but one heck of a fun day going with mama. we had some good laughs for sure. personally i think he ripped the lips off the fish with them hook sets but what do i know LOL LOL the one that was weird was when his side did bang right of the rigger and then nothing they were really "soft" biting thats for sure ive seenthis before nothing you can do thats FISHING !!! not catching!!!!here is the pic of our day!!!!

Attachments

• SOOKE SALMON 2011 023.jpg
    SOOKE SALMON 2011 023.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 136
Couple nice feesh there Roy

Yah, they sure are grabbing the bait soft. Could have somthing to do with the mass amounts of it out there. Had a good day friday was into 12 springs kept 2 a 11 and an 18 we let a few in the 10 pound range go aswell. And broke 2 off. Leader snapped both times. (Not me ofcourse, my Dads rod)

Today we had 7 solid smacks and kept a 15 and let 2 go around 12. Lost one as the flasher broke the surface in the 18-20 pound range. Rest got off before seeing them.

Over both days let go 9 coho's and over 20 jack springs.

TRick for the doggies, troll mach 5.

-Steve

DEFINATLLY some fish in sooke for sure now boys is FFG can get them!!!! LOL LOL
all kidding aside got 3 today and we called it a day as it was getting rough one in the slot and a 25,23 lber varying depths 80 to 63 ft seems to be it and NO doggies today YEAHHHHHH.

Good luck Wolf

Out today at the trap for 1 spring. I was using large anchovy today and did not get as many hits as the last time I was out using the smaller size. Anybody have a preference right now?
T2

Smaller..... and shorter leaders

Well im cheap/thrifty/ what ever you want to call it so I use the 12 pack chovies cause at that price if i was to use say 10 per pack thats 2 less over 80 packs(2 cases) so I get 160 more which amounts to just over 13 packs more bait.
SO yes i use smaller bait LOL LOL

"SO yes i use smaller bait LOL LOL " Once Fishfly pays you the 2 bits he owes, you can buy the good stuff, Wolf. Thanks boys.

Out today for couple of hours tuning the new rig....man ...with no kicker steering connected to main, what a pain in the arse.

Measured voltage DR line to hull, around 0.82 Volts, time to install the old black box. Lotsa showing on the ff but no hits :(

Back at it in the am
cheers

Out from 11-3pm...2 springs (20 and 18) lost another and kept a hatch coho....the large chovies all at 60ft. saw 1/2 dozen others taken, no big bite just 1 here and there on the flood.

Fished Possession 6:30-10:30. Choppy and windy. Got one in the 20's at 9:45, 65ft. No other action all morning. Saw one other fish caught.

Out today for couple of hours tuning the new rig....man ...with no kicker steering connected to main, what a pain in the arse.

Measured voltage DR line to hull, around 0.82 Volts, time to install the old black box. Lotsa showing on the ff but no hits :(

Back at it in the am
cheers

Hi Gypseas, I was wondering how I test this in my boat? I have a multi meter. Is it DC or AC voltage? I have an aluminum boat and manual dr's.

Thanks,
Dave

Back