Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Trap shack reef again today. Buddy got a 17lb chinook on the purple haze and purple haze around the current change near 8 or 830 this morning. 3 rods out and only the purple was getting hit, but only one landed. No hits from 830-230pm, but cool porpoise show going on from Beechey and around Pedder on the way back in this afternoon.

FUNNY thing yesterday walking down the dock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and to boot 2 swans sleeping just outside the pic thats what they were going down to look at kinda cool really we live in such a cool place!!!!

Attachments

• QUEEN Charlottes 2011 099.jpg
    QUEEN Charlottes 2011 099.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 138
  • QUEEN Charlottes 2011 100.jpg
    QUEEN Charlottes 2011 100.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 134
Hey Roy, how come the pics., say Queen Char. 2011?
Wishful thinking? LOL
Wonder what those units in the background go for?

YEAH went to download that file on computer didnt change the setting from when i went up there a week ago thanks for pointing that out... LOL LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
finally got the opertunity to head out tonight, gonna wrap work up around 3! looks like its gonna be a nice night, looking forward to my first night put of the year

Well Dirty I hope you had fun out there bouncing around. I certainly did not. Ended up without a hit fished 11:30 till 5pm (Trap-Aldridge).

-Steve

fished west of Muir from 6-11, released two, one was 20 other was over 30, spoon Betsey combo got both biggies, they didn't like my anchovies today, 77 and 90 off the rigger, no pics as was solo, awesome day driller, also kept a small hatch which we are eating tonite

Last edited by a moderator:
fished west of Muir from 6-11, released two, one was 20 other was over 30, spoon Betsey combo got both biggies, they didn't like my anchovies today, 77 and 90 off the rigger, no pics as was solo, awesome day driller, also kept a small hatch which we are eating tonite

Awesome to hear about the release. Nice catch.

CAN TELL you one thing REALLY hating these dog fish!!!!! managed a couple small springs again but about 12 doggies i was at one point trolling 3.8 mph trying to out run the buggers.
and it got rainy and rough fast out there.

CAN TELL you one thing REALLY hating these dog fish!!!!! managed a couple small springs again but about 12 doggies i was at one point trolling 3.8 mph trying to out run the buggers.

Maybe time to run plugs, spoons & plastics... besides with Pinks around the corner it could get expensive running bait...hmm Dogfish & Pinks...me thinks maybe a possible bait shortage...sammy

Maybe time to run plugs, spoons & plastics... besides with Pinks around the corner it could get expensive running bait...hmm Dogfish & Pinks...me thinks maybe a possible bait shortage...sammy

X2...It's a thinker!

I was running spoons it didnt matter had 1 piece of bait down and a spoon and hoochie your ok if you stick near the rip but get in close to otter LOOK out even had a triple header!!!!!!!!! of dogs...... fricken things...

I think it's a tad rolly(windy) out there for fishn reports boys... manana's forcast isn't peachy either :(...sammy

Soo much to do this weekend.... I'll give 'er a poke at least one day.

Waitin on the next batch.... last week kinda kicked a$$

A nice pic of the "Dog House" and Wolfies 27" pythons on the Sooke mirror fishin report

Back