SOOKE Reports, Fall/Winter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Times Colonist "fishery opens March 12" so the Halibut Derby is a go! But we'll have to wait and see it writting from D.F.O.

My reading of the article is that COMMERCIAL fishery opens March 12th. I don't think it gives any hints for recreational ... but they say a decision to be issued in next few days, so that's good.

Optimist and i were out for a couple hrs off the bluffs today lots of small fish.Nice water for the most part ,went in when the snow started to fly.

Addicted and Dirty, what a combo! Can't help but laugh thinking of the two of you in a CC in the snow! I bet Dirty cracked out his special vest...

Hey when you take out The sooke special that bloody thing makes it beyond cozy! I feel like I'm on the couch when I wear that!

Trophy:
Out today in said spot was a "non event" outflow wind ripping tide small bite @ change ! saw ! decent one landed reported to be 11lbs. Rob. H boxed a few nothing big & released same.Only Bright spot for moi rounded up 4 nice critters in the trap& got my butt off the couch for a float!
Good Luck

Thanx Sammy, I was out off the bluffs today and managed a small one but didn't see much happening either. Hopefully tommorow a few more fish will be out there.

Full moon right now, I'm sure that is effecting the bite. Probs later in the day.

Seemed to be a few around the trailer park tin shed today, we got three nice ones on glow hootchies and saw quite a few others being hooked. Only two crabs in the pots. Lots of sunstars in there fouling up the traps.

Thieves were at pedder on fri night ,they got a bunch of riggers,i got lucky they took mine then left them on the dock for some reason. Why can't people just leave stuff alone.I'd love to catch these guys one day,Crab Bait.

Time for a few of us to stay on the boats spring the trap & u can guess the rest .Pedder Bay hmmm no one stay up stairs anymore for that kind of money for Moorage u think they would have a gate or some kind of Security.Cops need to catch the faulkers it seems they have an idea who they are as they have seen
video footage taken from other Marinas but seem unable to deal with it WTF!

Note the pattern, Friday night Jocks, the next Friday night Sooke Harbour Resort, last Friday night Pedder Bay.....

Who will be next Friday???

They seem to be smart.........9 sumthing a foot?
Gotta pay for the reno's...
They seem to be smart....... tell them there should be a gate there. I think there should be..
Quite a few people come down for the afternoon and do a dock walk...... leave the gate open. Shut it at night

Most of these low lives come in by a small boat, so a gate won't help. A 100 pound ex-gang pit bull would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back