Sooke Reports - Fall and Winter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished yesterday off the bluffs to the trailer park for about 4 hrs. 130-150 ft was ok. Bonked a 5lb bleeding hatch and an 8lb wild. Let about 5 other 3-5 lb rats go. All on bottom and all on spoons.... I'll be out there again in the morning, but I think we'll try whirl... Look for us in the tinny and wave. Good luck

We fished the Sooke area today and hooked up four times and released four small (16-20") fish.
There were 14 boat out fishing today and from what I heard on the radio and saw at the dock, fishing was slow for most boats in the morning.

First time out in 2012 today. Fished 11am till 2:45pm. At first I thought we were in for a skunking, but managed to get four hits somewhere between the Bluffs and the Trailer Park. Two came to nothing, one long distance release and one 5lb fish in the boat. Blue/white squirts and good 'ole army truck at 120 feet on rigger in approx that depth of water.

Anybody out on the water yesterday? (Tuesday?) I live at Otter, and felt some serious tremors. Apparently, it was nothing land based, so I figure if anyone was in a boat they might have a better idea of where these tremors were coming from. Canada and US defense both say they had no activity at the time. Curious....

Here in Sooke my wife and I both heard a huge roaring rumble yesterday at about 2:00pm too. We heard it more than felt it so I don't think it was a quake. Then again, I have no idea what it was either.....Very curious indeed....

Sequim blowing its load I presume...lol

No chit... What are they trying to do over there.... split a mountain?...More coming

The commencement of the rapture will happen again tomorrow at about the same times.

Well OK, so do you know what is going on Lippy, since no one else does? Another huge rumbling bang just 10 minutes ago. Definitely a big explosion not far away.
Maybe someone has re-discovered gold at Leechtown and is building a mine? Or maybe it is El Qaeda training in the Sooke Hills!! LOL
Anyway, gonna see if there is another ground shaking thunder blast at 2:00 pm like the other day....

Nope it's blasting over on the Olympic peninsula.
metal fabricator using explosives to fuse large sheets of steel together.

Well I am no explosives expert but they must be setting off some huge, high energy charges. Sequim is 40Km away according to my map so it would take several tons of explosives to get the effect we feel here. Sure would not want to be living in Sequim right now !!!

T'was on the news last night.
explanation was that if all the conditions are right, the explosions can and will be felt many miles away.

OK Thx R.S. Did not catch that item. Felt another one about 20 minutes ago.......I wonder if the fish can feel it? My guess would be yes...........

Well, it seems if you're going to get to the bottom of things, it pays to check with the boys on the local fishing forum! Thanks for the tips. I think I'm going with the dam removal blasts over in the Elwha River.

More likely the dam removal and river diversion project, Elwha River Dam.

That aint what we were feeling... and didnt think they were blasting that one?

I think the guys called it fusion blasting or something

Well I can confirm that the blasting dident affect the fishing. We only managed one 6 pounder but others were out earlier and hit multiple fish around Church and Fraser Island. Might head out of here shortly and try to hit the earlier bite.

Lippy give me a ring if your up.

-Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back