Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Had a great day today, well the last two hours anyway, fished from 5-1, started at otter then picked up and moved west, didnt get even a sniff untill 11:15 and by that time it was only my boat and three charter boats, everyboby had moved on or given up(the weather was not the greatest but fishable).got our limit 17.5-22lb all shallow in 70-120 feet of water, best day yet for me.

Excellent catch Fishtank! Always satisfying to catch fish at a location most people have given up on........Good decision to quit Otter though!! LOL

Good to see someone rocking it out there. Englishman, pro fisher, fish fly guy , and wolf can't get all the fish!

Is it pretty lumpy out there with that morning ebb and westerly wind?? Considering heading out within the next few days.

Yes I fished beecher the past few days and stayed tight in the bay. Thick FOG and Strong winds with strong currents stood the water up on the outside. Very ugly. oh yeah and 1 strike for about 16 total hours fishing the past 3 mornings combined. Very slow out this way.

-KK

Is it pretty lumpy out there with that morning ebb and westerly wind?? Considering heading out within the next few days.

We had 1 fish at 5:45 off Kreyke and then not a touch for the rest of the morning at Beecher bay.
T2

Thought I had picked a great week to be on holidays based on last weeks fishing.
Guess not. Slowed right down since Saturday.
Fished derby on Saturday no springs. 2 springs Sunday am, 2 Monday am, no fishing yesterday. Late start with kids today for 1 spring. Working hard for the fish I've had and seen very little happening for oher boats.

73 crab in 2 traps this morning. Only 2 keepers. Lol. 1 trap had 40 crab . I could hardly lift it. Lol

Bumpy out there today. More of a whale watching trip than a fishing trip.

Tips

Well, if the springs don't cooperate at least you can target and keep 4 sockeye as of Friday. Can't wait for them to show up strong!

Well that is excellent.
Wonder if there are any numbers out there?
Guess ill find out Friday morning.

Tips

NICE !! Hope it stays open while I am there..

Heard a rumour today and I have never heard about it before but someone stated that when they open the sockeye they will shut it down for coho,, any truth to this boys.

NICE !! Hope it stays open while I am there..

Heard a rumour today and I have never heard about it before but someone stated that when they open the sockeye they will shut it down for coho,, any truth to this boys.
Never heard of this happening.Sounds like a rumour,and a vicious one at that!

The commercial fleet could be moved off Sockeye if their Coho incidentals numbers are to high. It is only a possibility for the net fleet not the hook and line guys.

Getting a few on bait everyday.

Back