Sometimes It's Just Like God Is Goofing Around With His Finger-painting Kit...

Headed west today with a few buddies through some knarly snow (3-4+ft on Suttons). Finally got to practice some more with the cam and got a few pics i thought i would share.

2-2_zps4d1ff11d.jpg

4_zpsf0efd8d1.jpg

3_zps96451890.jpg

6_zps8fa39da4.jpg

Noice Kelly......... Fantastico....

Nice shots Kelly. I think that's my old squash tail from a few years ago when I worked for the guys at Sitka. I asked my girl to marry me sitting on that board at a secret spot in Nicaragua.

North Chesterman? Somebody was boosting some air that day. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to grab smokes... took a pic at the gov dock..

IMG_3988_zps3ddeece1.jpg

Nice shots Kelly. I think that's my old squash tail from a few years ago when I worked for the guys at Sitka. I asked my girl to marry me sitting on that board at a secret spot in Nicaragua.

North Chesterman? Somebody was boosting some air that day. Thanks for sharing!

That's awesome! My bud says its a great board. Yup, thats North Chesterman, that was one of the local pros killing it.

A fun night camping in the cold...

Weather was nice..

IMG_3997_zpsb1d0e46b.jpg

Trees were frozen..

IMG_4001_zps7bb8e594.jpg

Dam beavers..

IMG_3999_zps268ba236.jpg

The water was nice and some more frozen trees..

IMG_3998_zps888c5cbb.jpg

Hell even sun down was nice..

IMG_4003_zps93f830ba.jpg

The AAA T-bones that came off this were second to none....

IMG_4007_zpsb00830ed.jpg

And we couldn't really leave the fire..

IMG_4005_zps9b5c74af.jpg

The sleep was warm but I forgot the Cams in the truck for the morning fishing. There was a Elk carcass that stumbled upon that would have made for some gory pictures and a massive bird that I would assume was a Golden Eagle?(not dead) As well as a minuscule rainbow that sotra knocked the skunk off :rolleyes:

Fun time though

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a nice camping trip man! Good weather (besides the cold) for it. Don't damn those beavers quite yet. Do some reading on them crafty buggers. They can be good in some places. Depends on the area.

*Dam beavers..... Get it? ;)

What they are doing up there is damn interesting to watch though. I recall a time when it was thought there where no beavers on the Island.

The beaver are all over the place on the island. The boys at the hatchery are dealing with one on DeMamiel creek.

Yes....but, I don't seem to remember any sign of them other than the pond beside the forestry museum in Duncan (25-30 yrs ago) now they are everywhere. As well didn't the CORE course teach that they weren't here for the longest time?

Awsome weekend man! Was a blast. Not that cold LOL. Though I remember somebody took a bath in a frozen puddle who might argue otherwise!

I was taught there was no beavers on the island in school. I now have Proof!

-KK

The beaver are all over the place on the island. The boys at the hatchery are dealing with one on DeMamiel creek.

Last time I saw a beaver swimming in Sooke Pot Holes - it was DAM hairy

Thanks for the pun Blabber.... Post a pic before commenting on this thread :rolleyes:

And great Picture Db.... Looks like it didn't suck out there

A few from My Camera.

CowichanSteelJan12013.jpg

My Version of the cool tree. Nothing like your camera lippy!

CowichanSteelJan12035.jpg

CowichanSteelJan12029.jpg

Nice little side channel!

CowichanSteelJan12042.jpg

CowichanSteelJan12025.jpg

Father and Son on the river! Love it!

CowichanSteelJan12011.jpg

Frozen Pumpkin!
CowichanSteelJan12005.jpg

Everything I packed! LOL

CowichanSteelJan12018.jpg

The propane stove was being stubborn so we had to rough it and do our cooking on the fire. Darn. :p

CowichanSteelJan12045.jpg

Atleast sombody caught somthing! And what a monster it was!

Cheers -KK

Back