So, Does $2.00 a litre affect your fishing?

OldBlackDog

It will effect everything you do. So how will it effect your fishing?

Well the cost of everything will go up as the transportation costs will be passed onto the consumer.

I paid almost that all last summer at TC

Not this guy…
Company gas card for the truck and a new yamaha 4 stroke for the eagle.
One of these days I’m gonna get Mrs. Stizzla a Tesla so gas stations will pretty much not be of a concern anymore.

When I was in my early 20's gas was 55 cents a Gallon! I earned about $6 per hour, then. So at $2/liter, gas is 18 x more expensive. Now 50 years later, our young plumber charges out at $110 per hour. What's the big deal?

Been getting 750 KM’s from a 38 liter tank saves me money so I can dump it into the boat, which isn’t terrible on average

Fuel only costs you money when you're burning it unlike many other parts of ownership that have gone up significantly. The power I hung last year would be 15k more now. Insurance keeps going up. Bought a trailer lately? Wowsa. Fuel ain't so bad.

Well, it sure would have if I hadn't built a lightweight little skiff to zip around in.

I/O double eagle 206... wasn't exactly the Nissan Leaf of West coast boats. Full load of fuel for me now is 45l. I could probably do two complete salmon trips from Ladysmith to Thrasher on that. Summer ling season I could probably do a trip for ten bucks all in.

Of course...if it goes to $2/l, we'll all just have less money, because everything we buy will cost more.

So indirectly... yeah, could affect my fishing, I guess. My operating costs are low, but adding rods or upgrading electronics or...or...or... it's all going to be competing for a slice of a shrinking pie.

Skiffs, pangas, small whalers catch fish too.
Mother ship and a row boat for offshore. Back to the future. Who's in?

It adds up for me because I normally run at least an hour each way to fish, sometimes twice that if I run offshore. Not a big deal if I have the family or a buddy or two but when I am alone and just want to run out to fish for a couple hours, its sometimes hard to justify the cost. I just got a small silverstreak that I am going to rig for salmon and trout fishing so if fuel gets too crazy, I've got another option.

Having worked in the oil industry for almost 35 yrs I could go on a rant over the price of fuel but I won't. However, when it comes to my fishing, I put the price of fuel for my boat and truck in the same category as the price of beer. They will never put it up to what's it's worth. :p :p

Geees am I the only one that's gonna feel it, someone better start a go fund me page in my name and share some Brothers , Haha. Dont worry (as if u would) I'm planning on giving it up next year after I got the news on the price increase of 8k in 7 months on a new 200HP :(

$2.00 is going to be cheap. My bet is within 2 years it will be closer to $4.00. The way the governments are forcing this green movement on us and companies all that money will be transferred over to the customer. Carbon taxes of $170/ $200 tonne are coming. Fuel taxes and transportation costs are going to go through the roof and again no one but the small guy will pay for this. Many are predicting $120/bbl oil here soon. Just look at inflation over the last 6 months to a year and that is peanuts to what’s coming. Bank of Canada is eyeing up multiple rate hikes over the next few months. Buckle up kids,, it’s going to get tough. Excess capital is going to get thin for many.

Oh well,, they are getting what they voted for hard to feel sorry for people.

Back