Moon voodoo

Loghauler

Whats all the hubbub, which is good, which is bad
Full moon on the 1st of August how might this affect fishing
Seems like most say new moon is bad ?
Any thing to the old saying if the moon is visible during the day fishing is good ?
Not enough that fishing is a science unto itself now we have moon voodoo to contend with !
Do I need to sweat lodge and smudge too !

I was just looking ahead as my next two trips are Aug 1-4 Esperanza and A30-S5 Ukee.
Not voodoo, just on a clear night, fish can feed by moonlight so maybe they are less hungry during the day. Also tides are bigger.
That said, a member got a 38lber last year on a full moon.

I was just looking ahead as my next two trips are Aug 1-4 Esperanza and A30-S5 Ukee.
Not voodoo, just on a clear night, fish can feed by moonlight so maybe they are less hungry during the day. Also tides are bigger.
That said, a member got a 38lber last year on a full moon.
All the moon charts and almanacs say it should be good for about three days either side and on the full, was wondering if anyone has insight
Not just burning sticks and twigs lol
Although casting the bones and blood sacrifice might appeal to my Viking alter ego

Last edited:
Just go fishing. It’s always a good time. Or do some ayahuasca if you want to dabble in the hocus pocus
Yes it is a good time !
And I’ll take any info and cipher it to see if any help can be had except ayahwhatsco
With the tide and moon being so integral to the cycles of the ocean probably several books on the subject
At the end of my studies I’m going fishing regardless and probably forget most of what I read in the excitement just like the first time going back into the marina at salmon point with the flow lol ! bump Doh 🙄
At least that’s the plan any way !
Leaving on the 25th till 3rd or 4th for Barkley
Maybe longer who knows

Back