Smelly Jelly expiration?

S

sillysalmon

So I have this bottle of smelly Jelly anchovie flavour in my tackle box that has been in there at least 5 years. Does this stuff have an expiration date? should I still use it?

I am going fishing next week for winter springs and am wondering if I should coat my hardware hootchies and spoons with it?

I think the stuff does expire. I had a bottle a few years old and it definiately had a lot less smell and bit of faded colour compared to my buddy's new bottle. It's cheap to replace so that's what I would do.

Long live wild salmon!!!
lowrance.jpg

Definately goes bad. I use the Paiste( Anchovy butter ) , not the liquid ,lasts way longer, Hides our " Human Stank " well. I had just picked up a new jar for X-Mas , what a difference, the new bottle smells fresh , I'd say 2 years , then it starts to go Rancid !! For the price , I'd not take any chances , Toss it , buy new , my 2 bits. FD:D

IMG_1356-1-1-1.jpg

If it's stored where it's warm or hot I think it can go bad a lot faster. I try to keep it in a cool place or in a cooler on the boat. I store it in a frig between trips. I'm hoping that keeping it as cool as possible helps extend the shelf life.

DSCN4812-2-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by sillysalmon

So I have this bottle of smelly Jelly anchovie flavour in my tackle box that has been in there at least 5 years. Does this stuff have an expiration date? should I still use it?

I am going fishing next week for winter springs and am wondering if I should coat my hardware hootchies and spoons with it?

Sounds like you need to fish a little more :D

Keep your scents in the fish box with ice or beer frig at home. This should keep it good for two years. Then again, if it isn't gone by then, get out a fish some more...

www.CaptainDownriggins.com

I dont know how something that smells that bad can ever go bad!!!!!!
one of those "things that make you go hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm"
Just like SOUR cream how come it has an expirey date its already sour???? "things that make you go hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm":D:D:D

Wolf

My thoughts exactly Wolf. I guess smelly jelly starts smelling better after the expiration date.

Highliner
IMG_0252_2_2.jpg

Back