Sideway photos

I don't think you can. Posting pics here requires that they be hosted online somewhere, so you'd need to go the photo hosting website and do the edit there. Or edit on your camera and re-post to the hosting site.

I don't think you can. Posting pics here requires that they be hosted online somewhere, so you'd need to go the photo hosting website and do the edit there. Or edit on your camera and re-post to the hosting site.

You can post here directly from a PC, tablet or phone without hosting on a third party site.

@Policeman44 Some time back I believe some were having the same issue and it may have been coming from Android systems or a specific model of phone. Where you trying to post from?

You can create a gallery on this site and have some edit functions there prior to posting in a thread.

I just switched to Android...will see how it works for me as my Blackberry and iPad work fine for posting.

Last edited:
I've found that when this happens, it's usually when you upload a photo from one device to another (for me an iPhone to my P.C) if you do it direct from your device it's ok.

The fix that I've found that's easiest is:
- Upload pictures from your P.C by clicking on the "upload file"
-If the picture loads sideways, delete the picture from the post.
-Go to the original photo on the PC (I like to save a copy to the desktop for ease of finding it). Edit the photo by rotating it in the direction to compensate for how it appears on the site. Close the photo and save the changes (even though the photo is now rotated on your PC)
-Open the photo again, then rotate it back to how it originally was. Close the photo and save the changes, now it should appear normal again.
-Upload the file again to your post and it should appear as intended.

I think that by doing this it overwrites the format that was previously utilized by whatever media you used.

I hope that makes sense and that it works for you.

Back