empty holding tank at sea 2003 searay sundancer 240

Hi guys
Is anyone knows how to turn the tap as pic? It's for waste holding tank. Now positioned to pump out. If want to empty it 3 miles offshore, how to turn it ( tried to turn ,doesn't work. Even tried to pull out then turn ,not working either).
And for pump out or empty at sea, turn on macerator and press the dumpping button, that is it? Just new for this boat. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20230328_124024.jpg
    20230328_124024.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 43
The arrow on each end of the valve shows the flow direction. You'll want to line up the one arrow to the holding tank, and the other arrow to the thru hull discharge. Most values I have seen are just friction valves. Some have a steel locking collar to prevent the movement. This does not look like one. Could just be stuck from not being exercised regularly. You'll have to decide how much you want to torque on it... I wouldn't work it too hard away at sea just in case you break it...

Once the valve is lined up that way, you can turn on the 12V breaker for macerator discharge and then press and hold the discharge button to activate. If you have a 12V voltage meter on board you should be able to see the 12V voltage step up from resting voltage or pulse as the motor works. You should also be able to hear the macerator pump grinding away or pulsing away (depending on type).

If you want to use vacuum pump out at dock you need to line the arrows up between the holding tank and the deck pump out hose.

The arrow on each end of the valve shows the flow direction. You'll want to line up the one arrow to the holding tank, and the other arrow to the thru hull discharge. Most values I have seen are just friction valves. Some have a steel locking collar to prevent the movement. This does not look like one. Could just be stuck from not being exercised regularly. You'll have to decide how much you want to torque on it... I wouldn't work it too hard away at sea just in case you break it...

Once the valve is lined up that way, you can turn on the 12V breaker for macerator discharge and then press and hold the discharge button to activate. If you have a 12V voltage meter on board you should be able to see the 12V voltage step up from resting voltage or pulse as the motor works. You should also be able to hear the macerator pump grinding away or pulsing away (depending on type).

If you want to use vacuum pump out at dock you need to line the arrows up between the holding tank and the deck pump out hose.
Exactly as BCI says. You will need to put something disposable down and have a plug ready for the hose. Remove the screws and disassemble the valve. Clean it, then lube with silicone plumbers grease or similar that doesn't damage rubber. Reassemble. Again, as BCI recommended, "exercise" the valve monthly.

NOTE: before using a pump out facility, ensure the tank vent is clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCI

Thank you for the reply and info with manual. The main thing is I can't turn the tap to other direction (on pic shows narrows point holding tank and pump out pipe). Just can't turning, is anything to do before turning such as pull out or push in etc.?
The manual is same as my paper one, but doesn't saying regarding it.

Exactly as BCI says. You will need to put something disposable down and have a plug ready for the hose. Remove the screws and disassemble the valve. Clean it, then lube with silicone plumbers grease or similar that doesn't damage rubber. Reassemble. Again, as BCI recommended, "exercise" the valve monthly.

I think that is the procedure have to do before turning the tap: Remove the screws and disassemble the valve. Clean it, then lube with silicone plumbers grease or similar that doesn't damage rubber. Reassemble
Thank you so much

I think that is the procedure have to do before turning the tap: Remove the screws and disassemble the valve. Clean it, then lube with silicone plumbers grease or similar that doesn't damage rubber. Reassemble
Thank you so

Thank you for the suggestion: Could just be stuck from not being exercised regularly. You'll have to decide how much you want to torque on it... I wouldn't work it too hard away at sea just in case you break it...

Back