Should I stay or should I go now!

I sat on the boat at the marina for an extra half hour but the idea of not fishing took over and we headed out anyway. Didn't get zapped and only caught an
11 lb ling and no shiny fish.

The louder and closer that stuff gets the darker the marks in my shorts get. i just leave.

Was camping at Pennask lake,we were out for the evening fish and a storm came through. We got off the water as it was so close it made your hair stand up. Storm sells came through most of the night. We were sure there was multiple strikes. The next day morning was nice but we found many dead fish floating in one small area that we liked to fish. Fishing sucked most of the day. For fishing to suck at Pennask the sky must have fallen.(if you have been there even once you know what I am saying.Especially in the days before they put the coquiihalla through.)

If it seems to be getting close I get off the water .

get off the water as quick as possible. As we all learned in kindergarten , lightning strikes the highest point in the vicinity. that is your head when you are standing on a boat out on the water.

beemer
www.C-TowVictoria.ca

not to mention fishing rods make for excellent lightning rods. you, your boat, and your gear is the highest point on the water..if there are other boats in the area your chances go down (your or them type of chances) and if you are alone...you could be asking for it! Lake or ocean, if it's striking....watch it from the shores and head out once it passes.

Back