Shipping/Transporting a Boat from the Eastern USA

Gomesy

Crew Member
Does anyone have an idea on how much bringing a 19 to 24 ft boat on a trailer from the East Coast to Vancouver would cost? Has anyone done this?

I know you could have a company drive it across or you could ship it or maybe even bring it over via rail? But I have no idea how much it approximately would cost.

Thanks

I like it,
I love it,
I want some more of it!

This is one place to start http://www.uship.com/price_estimator.aspx

Do a search on 'shipping' in the older threads here it's been chewed over a number of times.

We used U-ship as well last year , 24 Striper ,no issues , great service , I still have the shippers info , Did a great Job from Virginia to Washington , met them there in Seattle , hauled it over from there my self , I`d almost suggest to hire them from U-Ship`s Site , i believe it would be a safer transaction , fraud ,, insurance etc... I had a guy bail on me due to personal reasons he said , caused me a bit of grief , but U-Ship sorted it out for me, you dont pay a percentage of the contract , the shipper does , ( DO NOT USE THE CHEAPEST GUY )

m2b

Good Luck... FD..;)

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

We used U-ship as well last year , 24 Striper ,no issues , great service , I still have the shippers info , Did a great Job from Virginia to Washington , met them there in Seattle , hauled it over from there my self , I`d almost suggest to hire them from U-Ship`s Site , i believe it would be a safer transaction , fraud ,, insurance etc... I had a guy bail on me due to personal reasons he said , caused me a bit of grief , but U-Ship sorted it out for me, you dont pay a percentage of the contract , the shipper does , ( DO NOT USE THE CHEAPEST GUY )

m2b

Good Luck... FD..;)

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

I didn't mean Uship takes the % of the cash, the company that is bidding adds in what Uship is going to charge so you end up paying more than if you just delt with company that is going to ship your boat directly. I have had a few guys contact me and I have passed on the info, saved them a few hundred bucks.

I also had my boat shipped to the Seattle area and went and got it myself and brought it accross. I do also recommend using a broker, they have all the paper work ready for you when you arrive at the border, have that info too if you want it. For the extra few bucks, saves a lot of possible headache.

Bear Cove Cottages Sports Fishing Destination
www.bearcovecottages.ca
Port Hardy BC
Canada

I didn't mean Uship takes the % of the cash, the company that is bidding adds in what Uship is going to charge so you end up paying more than if you just delt with company that is going to ship your boat directly. I have had a few guys contact me and I have passed on the info, saved them a few hundred bucks.

I also had my boat shipped to the Seattle area and went and got it myself and brought it accross. I do also recommend using a broker, they have all the paper work ready for you when you arrive at the border, have that info too if you want it. For the extra few bucks, saves a lot of possible headache.

www.bearcovecottages.ca
Port Hardy BC
Canada

A friend in the last couple of weeks just shipped a 26 ft boat from New York State to Bellingham and I believe he paid about $3000.

3k is what I paid a couple of years ago for a 24ft. I used u-ship, like its been said just do your home work.

We shipped a 19 ft arima from Georgia to Everett Washington this year for $2600 US. I found our shipper on Uship but I can give you his name if you email me. He was great.
T2

No Rigours

I Strongly suggest NOT By-Pasing U-Ship ,

your Investment is not worth screwing with over a " Few Hundred Bucks " i don't believe there cut is that high on a $ 2 - $ 3 K Ship,

we have used U-Ship 5 Times between our group , Trust me , there can be problems ,

Do Your homework ,

, remember , these are small outfits that are trying to make a buck in a tough economy , Protect urself , Unless you married his sister , or he invited ya over for pizza and beer last week , I'd think twice about By-Passing them , I almost got burned dude , U-Ship helped me track him down , again , mtb...

FD...;)

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

The company I used is a legit boat moving company, that's all ghey do is move boats. They are insured, had contact with my driver everyday, paid once boat was in my hands. I was told they tack on 15% to all Uship bids to cover what Uship charges. Uship does not screen they haulers on their site, that is up to you. If you can find someone that has used a company through Uship and save a few bucks, why not? Covers the cost of the broker!

Be more than happy to give toy their details, I know of mulpiple guys that has since used the company, no problems.

Bear Cove Cottages Sportsfishing Destination
www.bearcovecottages.ca

Do your homework , Again , not sure you undestand how U-Ship Works ,

I saved money on shipping , the company we used , found a haul back home from Washington , once finished with our delivery . If you use a particular guy in the past , which i am sure he was a great experience for you , using him again might not make financial sense , who pay's for the Shippers fuel to get to his next pick-up ,most likely YOU , chances of him having a load going back are slim !!! SO , you use U-Ship to find that deal , U-Ship Feedback is the key to hiring or not , you can see the Shippers complete feedback , good or bad ,on all his past U-Ship Contracts.. you decide ...

Broker Not needed , RIV 1-888-848-8240

a child can do this , very simple ,

kicked the shyte outta this enough , Gomesy , if ya need some info , email me

later

FD...;)

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Just letting everyone know what worked for me, not saying it is the best way or smartest, or the cheapest but it worked, my boat arrived safe, I felt security in the company.
The company that I used I hired through USHIP, did work great, great reports to read about that others had posted about the company.

I used a broker because it was simple, they paid all my taxes, filed all my paper work and it was done. Yes, may have been able to do it myself but decided not to as to avoid any hassles that may have come up.

Anyways, was just trying to help. Good luck getting your boat here, hope everything goes smooth for you.

www.bearcovecottages.ca
Port Hardy BC
Canada

“Trust me , there can be problems”, “Do Your homework”, “remember, these are small outfits that are trying to make a buck in a tough economy , Protect urself (sp)”

Are all very correct statements! Just make sure you get a good shipper that knows what they are doing and you trust. If you have any doubts, find another. Ask about fuel surcharges, and who is going to get and be responsible for ALL proper State permits (some ‘mom and pops’ – don’t get them, as the chance if being stopped are slime), but there are different permits required for different states. Think not – try to get a permit through Los Angeles sometime? Ever heard of the word ‘impounded’? Without those proper permits, it could very well get impounded somewhere in ten buck two, creating hassles.

I personally haven’t seen that much difference between the quotes from U-Ship and going direct, with the larger shippers? I guess you could save a little, but my last boat was not through U-Ship and I ended up responsible for all permits. By the time I got done it was about the same as the U-Ship quote I received and would have saved the time and hassles of getting all the permits?

I would suggest to call YOUR insurance company and get insurance on it as soon as it legally becomes yours, even if setting on the east coast and prior to letting anyone hook up to it – commercial hauler, or not. You do have some liability there.

Just IMHO! :)

Gomsey

got ur email , get back to ya shortly , were frantically getting the trailer ready to move to Barkley this weekend

, It's quite simple , don't stress it..

you won't believe how many people are doing it now , customs did not even go outside to view my new trailer last weekend , there were 4 boats , 3 trailers , and a couple of harley's coming over as well , lol..

talk in a bit

Fd..;)

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Back