Boat storage on the island ?

Loghauler

Just rolling an idea around
How much is storage for a couple months on the island for a 18 ‘ foot boat 22’ with trailer ?
Then I could go fishing more than once and not have to drag my boat across the ferry so many times
Any thoughts?

I looked into it briefly as a stop gap short term solution when I thought I might have 2 boats and only one parking spot. Never ended up following through, as the old boat just got moved to the lawn until I sell it. Prices varied $100 -$150 a month around Nanaimo, but bigger problem was finding a place that had room. No offense meant but between boats and RV's, you're far from the first person to have this idea. I did find one guy that said he had room. Didn't turn up on google, was a referral from another place that was full.

Islands a big place. Where you thinking?

I know there used to be lots of cheap secure storage in Port McNeil. Hardware store, plus the old guy on the left up Pioneer Hill drive both have locked yards with tons of space. I've used them both with zero notice in the middle of summer. Can't remember exactly what they cost but it was cheap enough that I didn't care.

Mcneill has Yves at island thunder towing and storage. Can't find a better guy to deal with.

I lost a wheel on my way to the rupert ferry and didn't have time to deal with it. He picked it up on the side of the road, changed out both bearing units, reapired the fender and lights, and hostled my boat the the ferry for me.

He made the most stressful experiences into a not so stressful but pretty expensive one.

Was thinking somewhere between Nanaimo and Barkley sound as I’ll be fishing in Barkley and area

Back