Serial Number 1981 Double Eagle

Kilwinning

Crew Member
Hello
Im looking for the serial number for the above boat. the only #s I can find are on the rub rail,which when contacting eagle they did put some of them there. There is only Numbers no letters and only 4 didgets.
Does this seem right?
thanks
Dave

No it is on the metal part of rub rail, I spoke to mark at eagle, and he told me to look at the rub rail but I did not ask any details about the # itself.

There should be a plate riveted inside on transom of boat with make , HP rating and your number. Thanks for making me check I just found out mine was 1980 I am selling not a 79. LOL that's funny.

sorry was wrong I looked at TC plate it is on the rub rail transom starboard side should be 12 digits....It's not engraved that well so it could have gotten worn off...

Thanks ,
I think there has to be more numbers than whats there, I know in the seventies some boats only had four digits, so I`m thinking this is not the serial Number.

Mine was a 73' and it didn't have the tag or impression on the transom, the only thing it had was the 4 digit's on the rear rub rail.

I emailed Mark at Double Eagle a while back with a similar question about my own 16.5 DE.and this is what he emailed
me. "If the serial# is in the gel coat,it's a late 70's/early 80's or newer.If it's more than 4 digits and stamped in the
rub rail,it's a mid 70's to late 70's.If it's 4 digits stamped in the rub rail,it's a pre 74-75 unit."Hope this helps you out
there Kilwinning.

I had a 1981 20' DE and the serial # was letters and numbers about 12 digits on the starboard rear rub rail.

I had a 1981 20' DE and the serial # was letters and numbers about 12 digits on the starboard rear rub rail.

My 79 is the same, The llast two digits tell you the year of production.

I emailed Mark at Double Eagle a while back with a similar question about my own 16.5 DE.and this is what he emailed
me. "If the serial# is in the gel coat,it's a late 70's/early 80's or newer.If it's more than 4 digits and stamped in the
rub rail,it's a mid 70's to late 70's.If it's 4 digits stamped in the rub rail,it's a pre 74-75 unit."Hope this helps you out
there Kilwinning.

Yes that actually explains things. Its starting to look like this Boat was perhaps built sometime in the seventies and not an 81 as the owner thought. Thanks to every one who replied I learned quite abit about serial Numbers from this thread
Kilwinning

That's what he told me ,anyways.The older models also had just a small kind of shelf built into the dash on the port side.
Later models modified this to a glove box style for a small storage area,also on the port side of the dash.

On this Boat the steering wheel is on the left side, It is ex RCMP and I thought that was kind of weird, I did a search on Double Eagle Boats and low and behold there is another ex RCMP boat with the steering wheel on the left (1974) model, anybody no whats with that.

With only 4 digits in the serial #,it looks as though it could be mid seventies model.Not sure what year they started
using the glove box,but think it was also around that time.

This info is from Mark at eagle too, (The 12 character HIN system you see today, was implemented in late summer/fall of 75. Prior to this, manufacturers made there own serial numbers hence the four digits.) so your right it is in the early seventies.

Back