Selling out our rivers

I just read d.c's little story in salmon steelhead journal! What a beautiful majestic stream with a ton of bank maggots everywhere! I guess this magazine must be selling out at newstands everywhere!Until last night i didnt know the COWICHAN existed at all. I always thought that river under the bridge in duncan was named MUD CREEK or BEEK CREEK but i went today and pounded it hard!!Shake your head blackbeek im not defending dc he's a total beek too but some of your posts really show your a full blown sooke newbie!!!Oh ya i just bonked a hatchery doe out of the sooke river today.....on roe of coarse!!!!!Tight lines!!

You're hilarious Vince. You can tell I'm a newbie because I don't kill steelhead? I can tell you get drunk before you write your posts.

geeez..this forum is great! I tried to get some info. on the flyfishing forum and ended up with didley! I am greatful for you for providing some info. on what rivers to fish on the island. I will definitely be heading for the Cowichan on my next trip out that way !! Is there any other maps available for other rivers/streams on the island..especially any that show the favourite local holes?

Why does nobody ever make the connection to the good old boys down at outfitters. Great guys, but that is not whats up for discussion here. They have single handedly brought everyone of my "treasured" spots to the forefront of every "noobs" notion to catch fish.

Every one is suspect. How many friends you taken out latley?

Bottom line is this. We all want the water to ourselves, but in reality there are more and more anglers every year. It's the old catch 22. Noone interested and we would have no fishery. Get alot of people interested and certainly more funds will go to enhancement. Catch is there will be more guys hitting your favourite hole. Can't have it both ways. I know I have stopped beating myself up over having the best kept secret.

Funny thing is there will always be some guy you have never seen before. Ever. Of course he will have fished that same spot for 10 years longer than you ever had. Yeah right! Makes you feel all fuzzy doesn't it.

Sell it all and fly planes.;)

Classic Vinny, hope that Sooke bolt was a doe. Need all the roe you can get these days.. Where you dangling from the pump?? -dirty

well seeing as its one of the most famous rivers in the province, I would say that cats out of the bag boys.

Actually in 1967 Alec Merriman published a pocket sized book with a 4 page detailed map of the Cowichan and all its named pools and runs.

AL

Back