Selling out our rivers

The last time i checked it was a free country. If you want to be tight lipped go live in China. I don't agree with it either, but it's called free press you beeks. Nobody stops you guys from beeking off on crap you don't even know what your talking about. Who do you think is out fishing these systems when know body is watching. Poachers.. Good on ya Mama keep up the good work..

i don`t wanna start a war ! fish skin you back up dc reid then???scottyboy

i don`t wanna start a war ! fish skin you back up dc reid then???scottyboy

For sure Scotty. Curious if I'm forgetting something that I wrote about in the far past. As I stated before I don't ever mention names unless it's a well noted river or body of water to begin with. There are hundreds of stories published on SSS or the Cowwy but the main discussion here is about the explointation of smaller island streams by certain writers.

For sure Scotty. Curious if I'm forgetting something that I wrote about in the far past. As I stated before I don't ever mention names unless it's a well noted river or body of water to begin with. There are hundreds of stories published on SSS or the Cowwy but the main discussion here is about the explointation of smaller island streams by certain writers.

I grew up in Calgary where I started my fishing. I located spots,either pothole reservoirs,creeks,etc where nice 3-4lb Brook,Brown and Rainbows habitated. I found these out of the way places by bushwacking,driving,exploring,basically testing the waters.Not all the time sucessfull but when I was,I wasnt going to give them up. It was my sole efforts,selfish,no. My read on it is,I was rewarded by my efforts,no one told me,so yeah I agree with you guys as to getting out and finding them on your own,why divulge a so called secret spot? As one individual stated,it is a free world,so whats stopping you or anyone else from doing their own searching. It sounds like Reid is running out of material.

I grew up in Calgary where I started my fishing. I located spots,either pothole reservoirs,creeks,etc where nice 3-4lb Brook,Brown and Rainbows habitated. I found these out of the way places by bushwacking,driving,exploring,basically testing the waters.Not all the time sucessfull but when I was,I wasnt going to give them up. It was my sole efforts,selfish,no. My read on it is,I was rewarded by my efforts,no one told me,so yeah I agree with you guys as to getting out and finding them on your own,why divulge a so called secret spot? As one individual stated,it is a free world,so whats stopping you or anyone else from doing their own searching. It sounds like Reid is running out of material.

Like i said it's a free country.. DC Reid,R. Waters or E. Fedoruk can write anything they want and nobody can stop them. S.B. if you don't like what they write, then don't read it.

Like i said it's a free country.. DC Reid,R. Waters or E. Fedoruk can write anything they want and nobody can stop them. S.B. if you don't like what they write, then don't read it.

quote:"Tell them how to do it, when to do it and what to use. Let them figure out the where by themselves because thats at least half the fun."

thats very true gooey, its far more fun finding your own spot to fish with your own set ups and be successful then just being told what to do.

quote:"Tell them how to do it, when to do it and what to use. Let them figure out the where by themselves because thats at least half the fun."

thats very true gooey, its far more fun finding your own spot to fish with your own set ups and be successful then just being told what to do.

Fins...this thread is not about freedom of speech...its about some writers who consider themselves avid anglers and conservationists giving their readers indepth info on how to find and fish fragile systems. Its about asking them to use a little discretion!

I agree the publicity does not help....but in all fareness he was pretty vague in the article.I think he must have been spanked the last time around.

You guy's are funny.

An example is on this site regarding the fishing on the Cowichan and then go to all the other sites.

You think the Cowichan is a secret?

It has not beeen a secret for years and many people have written about it.
The fly fishing Club in Victoria puts out a map on the whole river.

Thanks for enlightening us OBD... I guess the Cowichan isn't a secret after all. It has already been mentioned several times that a complete river map is available at almost any location, complete with pool names, but up until recently access points (trails, pullouts, etc.) have been intentionally kept vague. This is where Reid crossed the line in my opinion.

Back