Seized Engine???

Ok, The update is as follows... Had the adjuster and mechanic take a look. Mechanic confirmed its seized solid and thought it smelled like coolant in the engine. Waiting right now for the mechanic to talk to the adjuster and put some price quotes. My understanding is that its rare to repair these motors and its more economical to pull it, install a new block and reinstall the accessories.

So the cause of death turns out no to be the overheat, but water ingress. When i rapidly cut the throttle (because a passenger reported "smoke" coming from the engine) the stern wave hit the transom and pushed water up over the riser and into the engine. Still working on the insurance route and jumping through hoops.

At this point i'm not sure if it will be rebuild the motor, or install a new longblock or if i can strip out the i/o and put on a pod. Anyone know if there is any value in selling or trade-in on a volvo sx leg in good to great condition?

i dont think you will have a rebuildable core in that thing if its seized solid... unless you align bored the mains, might need new rods (cause of the hydro lock condition from sucking in water), cam etc. which cost wise is not gonna be cheap. Go longblock with warranty you cant go wrong with that route!

So the cause of death turns out no to be the overheat, but water ingress. When i rapidly cut the throttle (because a passenger reported "smoke" coming from the engine) the stern wave hit the transom and pushed water up over the riser and into the engine. Still working on the insurance route and jumping through hoops.

At this point i'm not sure if it will be rebuild the motor, or install a new longblock or if i can strip out the i/o and put on a pod. Anyone know if there is any value in selling or trade-in on a volvo sx leg in good to great condition?

maybe 1500 with transom sheild

Back