Seastar steering

Hoping someone with knowledge of Seastar steering system can point me in the right direction. I have dual helm on the boat and the helm on deck is easy to turn but the one in the cabin is very hard to turn so makes for a long day. Any help or ideas much appreciated.

Not an expert but just going threw the process, seems if the top side is ok and the engines are turning fine, then the problems got to be in the lines from the cabin to the main line, or the helm in the cabin. Maybe start with bleeding the whole system and see if its just a air lock first. Just my thoughts again not an expert on this YET ! But have read and youtubed a ton, maybe look at a few youtube posts if you haven't yet , not a complicated system. (Unless you gotta fix rams but that shouldn't be problem if your ok with top side). Good Luck

It's not an air lock

What helms? What is the entire contents of the system? Auto pilot installed?

No autopilot installed, but I do have the old auto pilot pump still hooked into the system. Perhaps I should remove it from the system and see what it is like, was going to do this in the next week or so.

Back