Seal Bombs

No, they're like a waterproof firecracker, a big assed one. You light them and chuck them in the water. They sink for a few seconds, then POW!!! Supposed to scare away seals.

There's a few vids on YouTube of them, and those guys on Deadliest Catch are always chucking them around at eachother. Those crazy Hilstrand brothers on the Time Bandit.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
i've been using airbombs as a seal deterent for years it ads a fun element to fishing I actually look forward to seals following me now, right around now when you buy your fireworks stock up on airbombs they work everytime, seal bombs would be fun too just never seen them around anywhere for sale

Not available, cops are always phoning and asking if we sell them. You get them south of the boarder.

A buddy brought some over to Galiano years ago for the long weekend camp out (drunk) at Coon bay. We had fun throwing them around at night and scaring the crap out of people. At night a big bright flash of light along with the cannon like bang. I don't remember lighting them, I thought we twisted and pulled one end to activate...then had so many seconds before it went off.

Remeber they are 3/4's full of coure sand so they can end up hurting you in other ways. If you don't need the weight for throwning them, cut them in half and the sand will pour out.

Might just save some ones eyes...

You can still get these if you know where to look. I found some at a military out door supply in Poco. It was around this time of year. I blew them off on Halloween. Loud as hell. Do not stand too close.

Back