Vacmaster Troubleshooting

Cookie's Cutter

Vacmaster VP215 Troubleshooting

I am having trouble with my Vacmaster.

As it is doing its thing the bags start to puff up inside the machine. then it seals, but the bags still have lots of air in them. Seal is fine just still lots of air inside.

Every second or third time it works properly.

Anyone have any experience or know where to get repaired?

Make sure your bag is not doubled over beyond the seal bar. Also is your gauge running down close to zero on the vac cycle?

Following mine does this aswell. Have you recently replaced the silicon stripe above the seal bar? I think that’s my problem I replaced it and I think it’s too thick and creates too much pressure on the bag
No it is the original. It would have less than 200 seals, I dont think it needs replacing.

Has anyone taken one if these things apart, or got them repaired?

Last edited:
Wow didn't buy one. 😕 that's ridiculous for such an expensive chamber sealer.

They are made in China after all. I would contact company. Maybe it's under warranty.

Thanks that’s really helpful.

Looks like this guy below just called the company directly on another issue. Another one my friends recently had the board go within 3 months, and replaced. Apparently customer service is good. I only mentioned china as the place is based in US, but they are made offshore. Some of these issues appeared to have crept on in newer ones. I think the ones 5+ year vintage were made here in North America.

Last edited:
OK-you either have a seal problem or a vac problem. If the machine sounds fine and the gauge runs down to zero and it doesn't vac seal then you have a seal problem -if the gauge doesn't go to zero you have a vac problem or all your timings are out of wack. Try longer on the vac cycle until it does go to zero. Try changing the oil and make sure the level is good and the machine is level.

I still think your bag seal bar engagement is too tight and creates a seal which doesn't allow the air to get out of the bag. As the pressure in the chamber drops the air in bag expands hence the puffing up. What are you sealing is the seal area wet or oily....

I replaced the silicon seal bar on mine and it started to have this issue. I think I head some where that is a way to adjust the contact pressure but I haven't looked at mine in detail.

Back