seafood recipes

fish stalker

Ive never been to Red Lobster and im sure a home cook with our home caught seafood would be a millions times better but these recipes all look pretty good. Lots of fun bbq/party ones too

http://secretrecipes.blogspot.ca/search/label/Red Lobster

I love using miso as it give this great flavor to things this guy has a few salmon recipes I am going to try. Alot of mexican inspired. You can interchange fish in most recipes I find.

http://www.turntablekitchen.com/recipes/#seafood

Im editing my post becuase I feel bad for posting links to untested by me recipes so I will post my favorite 2 ways of doing salmon.

I always fillet my salmon but steaks would work for the greek style one.

Classic Greek

Drizzle and spread fillet w/olive oil, sprinkle with granulated garlic (or scantly with crushed fresh 1 clove per fillet, dosnt cook in time and can over power salmon), fresh cracked pepper (lots is good) , 1 rounded tsp oregano to cover lightly (never buy any herbs powdered, crush in hand to make smaller and release oils), I salt after but can before if putting on bbq right away. Make a tray out of foil, fold up edges a bit so natural oils coming out of fish dont drip in bbq causing flare up. Also cooks outside edges of skin to make super good crispy edges. Slide on hot hot preheated grill, turn down to med, close lid wait about 10 mins, varys on size, will continue to cook after being taken off. Serve with or squeeze lemon on. Best served with greek salad and new potatoes with sourcream and green onions.

Quick and Easy

I started doing pinks along time ago and works for frozen fish that may be dry.

Mix 1/2 cup roughly or enough to cover fillet of miracle whip (mayo to oily) with 3 tsp roughly dried dill. Spread on fillet, bbq like above. Its actually really good, you wouldnt guess its to basic. People seems to love creamy dill sauce. Esp people who are sketchy about salmon, but even people who love it.

My tater sauce. I find the trick is to used a sweet onion chopped small. Adds crunch. Mayo, fresh or dried dill, pepper, lots of dill pickles and onions chopped small, capers if you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always fillet my salmon then create a spread on top then BBQ it. I mix Helmans mayo, dill, and garlic in a bowl, i dont know how much, but more garlic and dill never hurts, then i spread the mixture on top of the salmon and cook it on the BBQ. Adds excellent flavor and keeps the fish moist... I am always looking for new ideas for cooking salmon on the BBQ anyone have any?

Spreads for plank or other non flipping methods:
1- Plain yogurt mixed with some Patak's tandoori curry paste
2- Mayo, dijon and mild horseradish
3- satay peanut sauce mixed with sour cream
Sauce for fillets that will be flipped
- in a pot combine and simmer butter, soy, brown sugar, ginger, black pepper. cook until it thickens

Uncle B's Fish Pot (from a bc outdoors mag). This is by far the best seafood recipy I have ever tasted.

2 lbs meat - can be prawns, hali, salmon, ling...
3 ears corn - cut into 2 inch pieces
3tbs olive oil
1 large chopped onion
1 each chopped red and green peppers
1 minced chili pepper
2 cloves garlic
1/4 stalk diced celery
4 large ripe tomatoes
1 cup stock (chicken,fish,veggie)
1 cup dry white wine
some sprigs fresh mixed herbs - dill, parsley, basil
couple dashes tabasco
salt pepper to taste

Heat oil in pot. Saute onion, peppers, garlic and celery until vegetables are soft. Add tomatoes and cook until juice is released. Add remaining ingredients, except fish, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes or until corn is almost tender. Add fish. Cover and simmer 5 minutes, or until fish is cooked but not falling apart. Ladle into big flat soup bowls.

Serve with lemon butter for dipping chunks into.

don't forget the baguettes for dipping!!!

Adding my latest salmon recipe. Made some candy which over baked as the sun must have heated my smoker up way to hot. So I have lots of dry indian candy. Made a caesar salad with a twist. Homemade dressing and croutons are key.

Croutons

Toss cubed baguette with oil,pepper,oregano,salt,granulated garlic, toast.

Dressing

6 anchovy fillets,
4 cloves of garlic (5 small),
3 large egg yolks,
1/4 cup red wine vinegar/balsamic(for traditional use all lemon juice and/or red wine vinegar) 1/2 and 1/2,
juice of one small lemon,
1 cup of oil (1/4c. oilve 3/4c canola)
1/2c romano or parmesan, 1 tsp worschestshire,
1 tablespoon of flat leaf parsley
1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano, salt and freshly ground black pepper

In a blender or food processor, puree the 6 anchovy fillets. Add the garlic and blend until well mixed. Add the egg yolks and blend for about 2 minutes. Turn off the motor, add the vinegar and lemon juice, and pulse the mixture for 20 seconds. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream until incorporated. Add the cheese, parsley and oregano, and pulse the mixture for ten seconds. Season with salt and pepper and chill for at least four hours. Chilling the dressing thickens it and helps it adhere to the lettuce.

Chopped- Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, shrimp, smoked salmon, cucumber,green onions. Best caesar ive ever had, creamy smokey..

I always fillet my salmon then create a spread on top then BBQ it. I mix Helmans mayo, dill, and garlic in a bowl, i dont know how much, but more garlic and dill never hurts, then i spread the mixture on top of the salmon and cook it on the BBQ. Adds excellent flavor and keeps the fish moist... I am always looking for new ideas for cooking salmon on the BBQ anyone have any?

I do something simliar but use onion powder as well. Try crushing ceaser crutons(from superstore) on top of the spread. When you bake it it adds a nice crunch.

I made the salmon chilli recipy from bc outdoors, quite good, now I have some smoked indian candy that I think would be great made into a chilli with a little baccon.

Dan, thanks a lot for the recipe!
Fish pot- yummy! What can be better! I am gonna try to make it tomorrow!

Sudsy we call that cheap mans hollindaise LOL LOL always good ....

Back