SALMON... VS... SPEARS AND SEALS

I believe all fishing practises need to be changed including FN and Commercial. Fish farming and sport fishing. The natives have been fishing for salmon with spears for a long time but when they are caught slaughtering fish and wasting for no reason they should be fined like the rest of us would be.

Reel Chaos

quote:Originally posted by highlights

I have to agree that it does only take a few idiots to taint the image of what may be right.

The basis of what the FN fishery stands for is inherantly feasable. Heritage, spirituality, food etc......what they choose to do with the money wheather that be household bills, mortgage, entertainment, "beer" ..... then so be it. Not our place to judge. However if and when I see an abuse on any system , no matter what nationality then I will let that person or persons know! I have seen as many "white" folks abusing our systems. How come it's only the FN people we are bashing?There are equal amounts of hill billys out there pulling the same crap. Yes it must be equal share, equal rights, equal responsibility.......and equal blame here guys.

HL

Good point. There's a story I heard from a CO about a logging camp that used to be on the banks of one of the San Juan tribs back in the '80's. Apparently the camp was built next to a deep pool that held steelhead in low water. The loggers (presumably white) would snag the steelhead with big trebles and after a couple of years the run was almost totally wiped out. It has since recovered but it will never be the same. Point is, ignorance is not a skin color it's an attitude.

Now that the FN can catch and sell whatever they want, why would they still fish over the Clem Clem spearing whatever moves....if the FN are keepers of the water and the fih and the earth why not catch the fish legal,,,and not spear the fiah and damage them...am wondering how the FN can tell what type of salmon is running through while they hit and damage random fish or spear and keep the best and discard the rest,,,,kind of a Catch 22 eh! Only in Canada eh![:0]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Back