Salmon Fishing Seminar Update

Great talks. Thanks for putting everything together Profisher you sound like you really know your stuff!

Fresh water would be great except if it was for kids it would have to be alot more hands on.

These seminars have the potential to make some significant changes. Not just teaching people how to fish but the ethics of fishing and management. Mabey getting our future politicians in love with fishing or a mother or father now seeing how it can help a family, change how they vote and make desions.

I am disappointed to hear how complacent people are with fish management. Im pretty new to the whole thing and am learning what I can do. I learned for lobbying it would be better to join your local anglers group if you dont know how to be a part of being heard. Or your local fish and game. (Which I never thought of since im not into the game part which I thought they focused on.) From what ive read and heard about how fishing was and were it is today. We have been in trouble for a long time. We need to be conscious and active. You dont have to become active on the board but I would recommend if you love fishing this island go and at least listen to whats being said at the SFAB meetings near you these next weeks and hopfully become part of the solution.

ps wow ok my first tipys post on this site. Sorry! Havent done one in ahwhile. hopefully it makes sense. I might delete in the morning haha.

I just wanted to finish this post off with a final tally the finances of the salmon seminar. We took in $3470 total from tickets, donations and the raffle. I just submitted my invoices for out of pocket expenses for a total of $148.22. That included, vehicle fuel, printing, goody bags and raffle tickets. That would leave a net profit for the Charters Centre of $3321.78. I wanted everyone who supported the seminar to see this for the sake of transparency.

Congratulations. A lot is sweat equity though. Now if we could only get everyone profiting from recreational fishing, including clubs, to form a united government lobby

That's super awesome. Kudos to you sir for putting these events on and raising money for a great cause. I hope to meet you at the halibut seminar and shake your hand.

I think I have a Tuna one to get through first sometime in April. Then a freshwater one could be planned for the fall. I'm too busy during the summer for anything other than fishing.

Back