Repowering the Pursuit

So far so good. Motor and leg off. Everything looks really good. More pics to come.

Attachments

• IMG_0124.JPG
    IMG_0124.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 165
Always been thinking about putting a pod on mine.. I just hate working on the inboard.. If I have to change my starter one more time Im going to loose my sh@t lol. The 4.3 runs great and with the Dou-prop I can do 40. Always worried about all the moving parts and bellows when your off shore. 291539_10150299024172371_737935911_o.jpg

It was one of the reasons I decided to change. My inboard was getting tired and I was getting some oil in my bilge. When they took the old girl out you could see where it was leaking from, he picked a flake of paint away and the whole oil pan drained. I'm glad I'm doing all this work, just for the peace of mind.

Yup should be very nice when done. My engine is still out but Rick will have my gimble housing done by next weekend. As much work as it is it was nice to pull all the drive, clean up some wiring and hoses and the bilge itself. Should be golden in a few weeks. Did get out on buddies boat sat morning, kept a fiesty 12 pounder out at Bjerre.

So I picked the boat up last week and have on the water pretty much since then. I'm really happy with the results and performance. My cruising speed went from around 24 to 26 mph and burning around 18 gph, to 29 to 31 mph cruising at anywhere from 9,5 to 11 gph.
IMG_0235.jpg IMG_0236.jpg IMG_0253.jpg IMG_0256.jpg IMG_0257.jpg IMG_0239.jpg IMG_0245.jpg

Looks great and the fuel savings are impressive. Would you mind sharing the approximate cost to do the conversion?

Wow! Wicked setup you have there. Lots more room, perfect fishing platform now! I like the built-in rod holders. Outboard for the win!

The gunnel pass-through cleats are pretty cool too. Have never seen that before! Also like the rear steering wheel.

Back