For Sale 1992 Commander 30

Rain City

Crew Member
Well guys, it's the end of an era. The boat is currently in Powell River having a major repair done that I can't afford. Whoever owns it next will have the luxury of my 5 years of trying to piece together the issues from the previous owner. And now that it's finally done right, I'm in too deep. Engines just pulled and exhaust pipes replaced. Engines fully serviced, drives serviced and now installed correctly. Worn parts replaced. She has a new lease on life with less than 2000 hours on the engines. It also includes a fully rebuilt spare drive with a value of over 30k when new. Survey just completed and all issues taken care of. Hull is in amazing shape. New carpets, radar, pumps, toilet, windlass, 30HP kicker, rear helm, fridge, sink, panel, charger, toilet, batteries, starters, alternators, decals, bimini, solar panels rigger wiring and mounts, rear station, propane valves and more, all done within my time owning it. I'm gutted. But I hope to see it out there with blood all over the place again soon. She's a fishy boat (now). PM if interested. Listing when I get it home for $129k
Resized_20210505_121544.jpgResized_20210809_200834.jpgResized_20220531_123202.jpgreceived_557359725837463.jpegResized_20230421_154637.jpgResized_20230401_152016.jpgResized_IMG-20221014-WA0003.jpg

Last edited:
Heartbreaking, it’s a beautiful boat. Hope you get top dollar for it. Always welcome in my boat if you’re up for it

Last edited:
Hopefully someone sees the value because it is there. If I was 10 years younger or if the wife could handle a trip to Alaska I would bite. I made that trip probably close to 100 times commercially, it would be awesome to do it leisurely. Good luck and I know how you feel.

What will be your next boat?
I'm just going to take some time to breathe. Thankfully I've made a lot of good friends on this forum and I don't think the fishing part is what I'll be missing.

Hopefully someone sees the value because it is there. If I was 10 years younger or if the wife could handle a trip to Alaska I would bite. I made that trip probably close to 100 times commercially, it would be awesome to do it leisurely. Good luck and I know how you feel.
I'm so close to keeping it because I know what I've put into it to get here. If work was remotely predictable right now I would be.

18' runabout with a 115-4 stroke would still get you and your pals out fishing.
No moorage, cheap on gas, insurance etc.
Also easy to manage by yourself.
( not so good for family excursions is the downside)

18' runabout with a 115-4 stroke would still get you and your pals out fishing.
No moorage, cheap on gas, insurance etc.
Also easy to manage by yourself.
( not so good for family excursions is the downside)
Good for exploring/fishing some of the bigger lakes and anchoring and fishing for Sturgeon on the Fraser too.

Someone is going to get the boat of a lifetime. If I was in Van, I’d offer you 60% for a 1/2 share, and list my boat for sale. Just the work that someone like you has put into it making it fishing and family functional takes years.

So there it the table bed, how big is that, and the bench on starboard side can sleep 1?

Nice that the kitchen is near the stern, quick to come in a grab a bite, serve food and wash your hands.

Is that in CAD? That is a fricken steel, a new 30 foot cutwater equipped like that would have to approach 750k usd? I might be way off but no way it wouldn’t attract the luxury tax if new.

Back