20'6 1996 Double Eagle Hardtop W/ Alaska Bulkhead New Mercury Power

Sandpiper

I am listing my boat for sale as I have a newborn on the way and I dont know how much ill get out fishing in the next few years.

The boat was purchased in 2018 and was a project boat that had the original inboard 302. I removed the engine/leg and had Jenkins marine check the transom which was in great condition they filled the hole for the leg and installed the pod which was designed for the 2019 Mechanical Mercury 200 3.4L V6 engine which is an XL leg.

I purchased a used 2012 yamaha 9.9 with power tilt/start and throttle controls also equipped with a panther steering system, I used a cowling cap from a 9.9 HP as I didnt want to modify the 8HP to accept the manual starting feature.

Vector marine installed the engine with stainless prop and also hooked up the Raymarine Axiom 9 so that the mercury smartcraft application can run thru the MFD. They also stripped the bottom paint, Sealed with barrier coat and applied ablative paint.

1996 Double Eagle Hardtop/Alaskan Bulkhead and rear door entry
2019 Mechanical shift 200HP Mercury 3.4L Engine W/60 Hours
2012 Yamaha 9.9 HP Kicker with Electric Start/Manual Pull Start, Controls, Power Tilt W/ Panther Steering OR Tie Bar Linkage to Seastar Hydraulic steering to Main Engine.
1996 Calkins Trailer - Replaced all Brakes, Bearings, Seals When purchased in 2018. In 2020 I replaced the Hitch, Brake Lines, Bunks, Rollers, Leaf Springs, U bolts and all Hardware for the Bunks (Calkins Parts). New Tires in January.

1) Raymarine Axiom 9 Multi Function Display complete with Mercury Smartcraft interface, This allows the captain to monitor motor functions on the display as well as interpret fault codes in the application. The Transducer is a 3 in 1, 3D transducer which will generate an image of the bottom of the ocean W/Chirp and all the bells and whistles.

2)Standard Horizon VHF with Antenna and External Speaker

3)Boat Completely Rewired following the Pod job with marine wiring and all of the proper fuse blocks, distribution panels and wiring sized for the length of runs. 2 Starting Batteries located on the opposite side of kicker with an Automatic Charging Relay outfitted between banks.

4) Hydraulic Bennett Trim Tabs are attached to the transom of the boat and all lines fittings were replaced prior to reinstallation after the pod job.

5) The Boat contains 2 Saddle tanks one on either side of the cabin, I believe they hold 100L of fuel each, Each Tank has a seprate Raycor water seperator prior to feeding both engines. All fuel lines replaced after New engine installed.

Inclusions - Anchor System W/ Adequate Chain and a new Anchor sized for the boat, 600 feet of rope and a large Scotsman, Salmon Rods, Lifejackets, Manual bilge pump, Docklines Etc.

Exclusions - Down Riggers, Net, Halibut Rods

Boat is registered in my name as well as the trailer at the time of purchase , Taxes were paid. Survery undertaken when purchased and available upon request.

Price $60,000

Any questions please PM me and I will get back to you the boat is located in Langford on Vancouver Island

Dan

thumbnail_IMG_6582.jpeg

Attachments

• Photo 2023-04-24, 1 46 24 PM.jpg
    Photo 2023-04-24, 1 46 24 PM.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 383
  • Photo 2023-04-24, 1 46 20 PM.jpg
    Photo 2023-04-24, 1 46 20 PM.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 371
  • Photo 2023-04-24, 1 46 09 PM.jpg
    Photo 2023-04-24, 1 46 09 PM.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 373
  • Photo 2023-04-24, 1 46 03 PM.jpg
    Photo 2023-04-24, 1 46 03 PM.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 370
  • Photo 2023-04-24, 1 45 25 PM.jpg
    Photo 2023-04-24, 1 45 25 PM.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 381
  • Photo 2023-04-24, 1 45 17 PM.jpg
    Photo 2023-04-24, 1 45 17 PM.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 373
  • Photo 2023-04-24, 1 46 29 PM.jpg
    Photo 2023-04-24, 1 46 29 PM.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 366
  • Photo 2023-04-24, 1 46 36 PM.jpg
    Photo 2023-04-24, 1 46 36 PM.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 368
  • Photo 2023-04-24, 1 49 55 PM.jpg
    Photo 2023-04-24, 1 49 55 PM.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
I am listing my boat for sale as I have a newborn on the way and I dont know how much ill get out fishing in the next few years. The boat was purchased in 2018 and was a project boat that had the original inboard 302. I removed the engine/leg and had Jenkins marine check the transom which was in great condition they filled the hole for the leg and installed the pod which was designed for the 2019 Mechanical Mercyry 200 3.4L V6 engine which is an XL leg. I purchased a used 2012 yamaha 9.9 with power tilt/start and throttle controls also equipped with a panther steering system, I used a cowlng cap from a 9.9 HP as I didnt want to modify the 8HP to accept the manual starting feature. Vector marine installed the engine with stainless prop and also hooked up the Raymarine Axiom 9 so that the mercury smartcraft application can run thru the MFD. They also stripped the bottom paint, Sealed with barrier coat and applied ablative paint.

1996 Double Eagle Hardtop/Alaskan Bulkhead and rear door entry
2019 Mechanical shift 200HP Mercury 3.4L Engine W/60 Hours
2012 Yamaha 9.9 HP Kicker with Electric Start/Manual Pull Start, Controls, Power Tilt W/ Panther Steering OR Tie Bar Linkage to Seastar Hydraulic steering to Main Engine.
1996 Calkins Trailer - Replaced all Brakes, Bearings, Seals When purchased in 2018. In 2020 I replaced the Hitch, Brake Lines, Bunks, Rollers, Leaf Springs, U bolts and all Hardware for the Bunks (Calkins Parts).

1) Raymarine Axiom 9 Multi Function Display complete with Mercury Smartcraft interface, This allows the captain to monitor motor functions on the display as well as interpret fault codes in the application. The Transducer is a 3 in 1, 3D transducer which will generate an image of the bottom of the ocean W/Chirp and all the bells and whistles.

2)Standard Horizon VHF with Antenna and External Speaker

3)Boat Completely Rewired following the Pod job with marine wiring and all of the proper fuse blocks, distribution panels and wiring sized for the length of runs. 2 Starting Batteries located on the opposite side of kicker with an Automatic Chargin Relay outfitted between banks.

4) Hydraulic Bennett Trim Tabs are attached to the transom of the boat and all lines fittings were replaced prior to reinstallation after the pod job.

5) The Boat contains 2 Saddle tanks one on either side of the cabin, I believe they hold 100L of fuel each, Each Tank has a seprate Raycor water seperator prior to feeding both engines. All fuel lines replaced after New engine installed.

Inclusions - Anchor System W/ Adequate Chain and a new Anchor sized for the boat, 600 feet of rope and a large Scotsman, Salmon Rods, Gear, Lifejackets, Manual bilge pump, Docklines Etc.

Exclusions - Down Riggers, Net, Halibut Rods

Boat is registered in my name as well as the trailer at the time of purchase , Taxes were paid. Survery undertaken when purchased and available upon request.

Price $65,000

Any questions please PM me and I will get back to you the boat is located in Langford on Vancouver Island

Dan

View attachment 91854
@Stizzla just buy in already lol

Every family is different but my kids are now 3 and 5 and we used our boat alot the last 5 years.
2&4 and the use for us climbing. We have a de and the gunnel hight is good for containing them. Great mid size family boat. If I didn't get 6mpg running to Savary and back today I'd be real tempted by this on. Looks great. Table is a big bonus for families.

2&4 and the use for us climbing. We have a de and the gunnel hight is good for containing them. Great mid size family boat. If I didn't get 6mpg running to Savary and back today I'd be real tempted by this on. Looks great. Table is a big bonus for families.
Wow, great fuel economy, what boat/engine?

I found our kids were way more into boating until they hit the teens, and we started them young as well. Now it's rare they want to spend time on board, i mean hey the world would end if they were to lose data and not be able to snapchat a stupid pic every 5 seconds.

I found our kids were way more into boating until they hit the teens, and we started them young as well. Now it's rare they want to spend time on board, i mean hey the world would end if they were to lose data and not be able to snapchat a stupid pic every 5 seconds.
They will come back to it though when a bit older, and wonder why they stopped.

Tell us how you really feel.

Wow, great fuel economy, what boat/engine?
17 DE with a 115 yam and a 5 sailpower. Gets 6mpg to 30mph at 4500 under moderate load. I enjoy filling that tank, haha. Greta family boat but the table one the op 20' is a nice touch.

Attachments

• 20221231_140603.jpg
    20221231_140603.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 88
17 DE with a 115 yam and a 5 sailpower. Gets 6mpg to 30mph at 4500 under moderate load. I enjoy filling that tank, haha. Greta family boat but the table one the op 20' is a nice touch.
Wow, that's great. I get around 3.8-4 at 4000 rpm with a Yamaha 150 on a 18' Campion

Wow, that's great. I get around 3.8-4 at 4000 rpm with a Yamaha 150 on a 18' Campion
might there be a bit of room for improvement? I don't know that hull personally so I can't comment specifically. Always a trade off. Fuel is cheap relative to 1200 dollar props trying to get another .3 mpg out of a boat.

might there be a bit of room for improvement? I don't know that hull personally so I can't comment specifically. Always a trade off. Fuel is cheap relative to 1200 dollar props trying to get another .3 mpg out of a boat.
Ya, I'll play around with a few more props

That is a nice boat! You may regret selling. Replacing always costs more. Looks like a great family boat. My kids are 13 and 16 now but have been boating since the beginning. It is great Dad time with the kids and I get to be where I love to be... on the water. My wife never gets upset about me fishing or boating... if I am taking the kids.

Keep it. Perfect little floating-kiddo mobile.
I agree. It’ll be harder to replace later!!
I had a Trophy with Alaska bulkhead. We would strap our daughter’s bouncy chair to the table, and she was happy with the view. When she wanted out we’d put her in a chest carrier and hang out on deck. I remember netting fish with her in the carrier. Great memories!! When she could walk. Movies in the cuddy went a long way.

Back