replacing stainless cable

reelfast

so which scotty product do folks use: 'premium braided' or 'low drag' and whats the real difference, if any.

thanks.

Reelfast the premium braided is 240 or 250 pound braid and the low drag is 150-200lb. I can't remember exactly what it was but thats the difference. The premium sits about the same in the water as my cable used to, the 200lb power pro sits a bit better.

The skinnier stuff is tough to live with as far as clips and triggers sliding up the line. I realize that the bigger stuff will cause more drag but that isn't significant unless you go deeper than about 100'.
I'd strongly suggest you try the thicker braid on one side and then decide.
I put the thin stuff on both sides last fall and have tried everything except gluing the triggers on the line. This has been a LONG adjustment process...

I fish 130 lbs Tuff XP and have no problems with the red clips staying on the line.

Why do most of you go to 200 -250 lbs and not run less, like 130 or even 100??

My blue rubber snubber breaks at ~75 so I have no worries about breaking my main DR line. So far so good for 3 years.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

200 pound power pro, 300 foot long spool from Nikka sports was 40 bucks, scotty needs to shake there head on the prices they charge.

HPIM1274-1.jpg

I use two red stoppers butted up to one an other don't have any problems with them sliding on 150 lb. braded

thanks for the comments and sharing your experiences. the reason i am replacing is the stainless is rusting and starting to fray deep into the spool. i just chopped off 40' of cable before i could get beyond the fraying.

i found the scotty stuff and the power pro both at the local emporium. the scotty 250# product was $79 for 500'(who needs that?), scotty 175# $42 for 150', the power pro 250# 300' $36, easy decision. i am not worried about the blow back as i rarely bottom bounce.

thanks again

Back