Relief Band

dennisb

Anyone have any experience with them. Got a Kid that struggles offshore. We’ve tried that patches behind the ear and it really messes up her vision. I have no problem spending the couple of hundred buck if they work.

Last edited:
Any have any experience with them. Got a Kid that struggles offshore. We’ve tried that patches behind the ear and it really messes up her vision. I have no problem spending the couple of hundred buck if they work.

I am a big fan of the Transdermal Scopolamine patch and have no problems with it, but I am a big guy well over 200lbs. Apparently vision problems is a known side effect of overdosing on the Scopolamine patch. I suspect your child is much smaller than me. You could check with your child's doctor. Perhaps it may be possible to cut down the size of the patch with scissors and reduce the dosage if the doctor agrees. You could also check with the manufacturer/pharmacist and see what they say about dosage, children and the patch. Do they have a patch that would deliver less of a dosage for children/smaller people? Sea sickness is miserable but best to be safe.

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with them. Got a Kid that struggles offshore. We’ve tried that patches behind the ear and it really messes up her vision. I have no problem spending the couple of hundred buck if they work.
Those wrist bands are garbage. I saw hundreds of people hanging over the side puking while wearing them.

Meclazine, aka Bonamine is a brand name is the best by far and starts working in 20 minutes

2nd Meclazine. Call a compounding pharmacy nearby and ask them to prepare some for you. It's cheap.

My grandson uses gravol - one the night before and then one early the next morning. He doesn't get sick but he gets sleepy. He loves being out there, though.

Friend bought one and puked 1st day using it. Bonamine or gravol worked for him. makes you a little sleepy. Might try 1/2 tablet if you daughter is small

Ginger Gravol. Very effective, safe, and no side effects or drowsiness. Couple of pills half hour before getting on the boat. Don’t get chewable ones as they do not taste good

Ginger Gravol. Very effective, safe, and no side effects or drowsiness. Couple of pills half hour before getting on the boat. Don’t get chewable ones as they do not taste good
My first time in Ucluelet i puked for three days straight. Someone suggested gravol with ginger and I’ve never been sick since.

My first time in Ucluelet i puked for three days straight. Someone suggested gravol with ginger and I’ve never been sick since.
Dennisb
Many years ago I was down in the Florida keys fishing when the camera man filming a TV show got very sea sick. I had to take over filming all day long. Every time I looked into the camera’s eyepiece I got sick. Never thru up, just sweaty, dizzy etc. That night I took the cameraman to a pharmacy and bought ginger tablets and wrist bands. Next morning we both took ginger and put on the wrist bands. NO more seasickness. Works every time for me. Also helps not to consume too much booze the night before and stay away from coffee In the morning before heading out - oh, and keep your eyes on the horizon.
My 2 cents
Stosh

Dennisb
Many years ago I was down in the Florida keys fishing when the camera man filming a TV show got very sea sick. I had to take over filming all day long. Every time I looked into the camera’s eyepiece I got sick. Never thru up, just sweaty, dizzy etc. That night I took the cameraman to a pharmacy and bought ginger tablets and wrist bands. Next morning we both took ginger and put on the wrist bands. NO more seasickness. Works every time for me. Also helps not to consume too much booze the night before and stay away from coffee In the morning before heading out - oh, and keep your eyes on the horizon.
My 2 cents
Stosh
You lost me at no booze at night or coffee in the morning. Pretty inhumane

I think some posters here have Relief Band mixed up with the Accupressure elastic wrist bands

this wouldn't surprise me since reading comprehension among the usual suspects here is well....suspect.

Anyway I haven't tried the Relief Band but knew someone who worked a boat down off the coast of Oregon where it's rough as guts and she swore by it.

Myself I use Meclizine and it's effective but would consult a MD before giving it to a child.

Last edited:
Here’s a picture of what I used to cure motion sickness. I’m sure there are many manufacturers of very similar products.
For me, these bands plus ginger tablets work great.
My 2 cents
Stosh

Attachments

• 1C06E7F8-95AB-437E-A715-CC4073F392A0.png
    1C06E7F8-95AB-437E-A715-CC4073F392A0.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Back