Ran out of fuel

why knot

I have a 700 liter of fuel tank on my GB and I ran out of fuel .
My Suzuky engine interface shows port have 75 liter stb side has 85 liter.
As I was aproch to the fuel dock in Bamfield first the port engin stalls, I did try to start it and starts and stalls, that is ok I go with the stb engine , a minute later that engin stalls also.
I did get a tow to the closest dock and refill it and all work fine.
I am just wondering how the other boats are? How much fuel can use up from the tank.
I was pretty sure I could use more out of my tank, at least now I know I have to leave at least 90 liter for each side, what is lot from a 350 liter.

Maybe the calibration is off Istavan???
do you have your burn/consumption numbers to go with it?

How much fuel did you add? Do the numbers add up? If they do, I'd pull the pickups and check for corrosion. 25% is an aweful large dead volume, should be more on the order of 10% but depends on the shape of the tank The larger the surface area of tank bottom, the more dead volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The suzuky gage should be accurate, when I filled it up I took a note port I did 291 liter and the stb I did 300 liter so the calibration was off ~20 liters per side .I re calibrated after fill up so next time I will refill it and will check it out .
But even if I take 20 liters off than I had 50 and 60 liters each side what is lot.
But I think if the boat would go higher speed than I might could use more out of the tank because would have a bigger angle and the fuel would get at the back part of the tank. This is just my speculation.

It's a conversion issue.
I will bet you have 80 us gal. tanks making 160us gal. Total
But when someone converted the capacity to Liters they used imperial gal.

160 imperial gal. = 727 L
160 us gal. = 606 L

Get what I'm saying?..,,, this stuff has brought down air planes lol

Your boat holds 600L not 700L

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I got it Canso,
So I looked it up
I have 90 gallon each side , that is what the GB book saying.
90 gallon is 340 liter, yes 10 liters less than I thought

So stbd holds 340l and you added 300? No you're down to about 12% dead vol, which isn't bad depending on the shape of the tanks. If they are wide, flat bottom tanks, it's probably pretty close. I ran my port side tank 340L out of fuel a couple seasons ago, added 320L. But that's a sloped bottom tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back