Shout Out

RevyFisher

Not sure if this is allowed and if not my apologies and admin please remove.

I was in Sooke early August for our shortest trip there ever with a total of 7 days and with family days sightseeing left us only 4 days on the water. Day 1 as we approached Otter Point the motor alarm goes off. Stop the motor restart no alarm but a few minutes later alarm comes on. This is on a Friday so it was about to blow up my entire fishing trip. Of course it had ran fine all summer running long and hard on the big interior lakes and boom day 1 this happens. Anyways, googled Honda dealers and came across Sherwood Marine. Gave them a call to see what the alarm meant. They asked me to video it and they'd try to do what they could. Recommendation was to drain the water separator filter as it was likely water in the fuel. Did so but no luck with the alarm. The motor was running fine and didn't seem to be overheating so I said F it and fished all weekend. Some of you may have heard me running around with the alarm going that weekend. lol tried to stick with the kicker as much as possible.

Monday morning called Sherwood Marine to see if they could at least plug it in to see what the codes were as there's no large engine Honda dealers east of Vancouver. They were swamped taking bookings weeks out but agreed if I could leave it for the day they'd do a quick download on the codes. Not only did they do that Bri at the service desk had pages for me waiting as we had to rush to catch the ferry. She had the print out from the engine, parts list, schematics the full works. She set me up with all the parts showed me where to find the parts on the motor like thermostats and solenoid as I'd have to do them my self when I got home. I could not have asked for better service and they went out of their way to help. Wish we had a service dealer like this in the interior. Can't even find a mechanic that wants to touch it anywhere in the interior.

Not sure if this is allowed and if not my apologies and admin please remove.

I was in Sooke early August for our shortest trip there ever with a total of 7 days and with family days sightseeing left us only 4 days on the water. Day 1 as we approached Otter Point the motor alarm goes off. Stop the motor restart no alarm but a few minutes later alarm comes on. This is on a Friday so it was about to blow up my entire fishing trip. Of course it had ran fine all summer running long and hard on the big interior lakes and boom day 1 this happens. Anyways, googled Honda dealers and came across Sherwood Marine. Gave them a call to see what the alarm meant. They asked me to video it and they'd try to do what they could. Recommendation was to drain the water separator filter as it was likely water in the fuel. Did so but no luck with the alarm. The motor was running fine and didn't seem to be overheating so I said F it and fished all weekend. Some of you may have heard me running around with the alarm going that weekend. lol tried to stick with the kicker as much as possible.

Monday morning called Sherwood Marine to see if they could at least plug it in to see what the codes were as there's no large engine Honda dealers east of Vancouver. They were swamped taking bookings weeks out but agreed if I could leave it for the day they'd do a quick download on the codes. Not only did they do that Bri at the service desk had pages for me waiting as we had to rush to catch the ferry. She had the print out from the engine, parts list, schematics the full works. She set me up with all the parts showed me where to find the parts on the motor like thermostats and solenoid as I'd have to do them my self when I got home. I could not have asked for better service and they went out of their way to help. Wish we had a service dealer like this in the interior. Can't even find a mechanic that wants to touch it anywhere in the interior.
Large Honda service is hard to find, never mind a good one, I also have an funky alarm that comes on intermittently, motor runs fine,I just turn it off for a few minutes and restart and it just stop,from what my research over the 5 years it’s been doing this, 02 sensor acting up, I am no mechanic( carpenter by trade )but do all my maintenance and repairs myself, cause finding a good Honda service place is impossible

Back