Puntledge opening

Don't worry about those Oyster River fish, they are all for catch and release only. The Oyster river Hatchery don't clip any coho and have no intention of doing so in the future, even if there are volunteers ready to do it. All the fish they produce is for commercial retention only. Recreational anglers can't keep a single one. Really pisses me off. I have never been able to understand their reasoning!! Anyone from the Oyster Hatchery care to comment?

Got me a nice Coho today Along with a couple Chrome Chums

River was up today. Got into some realy nice chum does and some chrome coho. Weather kept me off the salt water. Yet the fun we had on the river was so worth it. River was still going up and had been all day.

But the poachers today were really bad. It is sick. I recorded some of them on my phone in video. When they saw that I was doing it they left without even cleaning their last fish. Them pigs need to be busted.

Walked from the meat hole to the hatchery today. Levels totaly droped over night. Tons of chum and a few coho. Fish that are so clean its amazing. I had sea lice on my waders when we left. But them dam poachers. I can't understand why they are not busted. I give up on calling them in. I seems to free for all. It's sick...:(

also went down this afternoon for a few hrs of B-day fishing:), went to a spot I like,and my prayers were answered,no body fishing:D, I hit and gently landed/released some beauties(all chums),like fishassassin123 said, chromers,there were waves of them heading up river,good day on the river..

quote:Originally posted by SpringFever552

also went down this afternoon for a few hrs of B-day fishing:), went to a spot I like,and my prayers were answered,no body fishing:D, I hit and gently landed/released some beauties(all chums),like fishassassin123 said, chromers,there were waves of them heading up river,good day on the river..

Happy B-Day... Glad to hear you enjoyed your day on the river as well with out every one being there. It was so nice to be out on a Saturday without the gong show being around.

I hope tomorrow will be the same...Tho we might go to the lake for a short troll..:)

Re: the poachers.

I've identified 6 young adults and teens that may have been the subject of recent complaints. Please bring your photos to our DFO office in Comox if they are of a quality to identify the suspects.

Try early next week, I've been in court in Nanaimo today and will be in court tomorrow in Campbell River. I'm going to take some time on Friday for myself (not saying when) but will be on the water and rivers this weekend at various times.

FYI, the poachers are like speeders, there always present, but we do eventually get them.

Even if we don't get to every call, it builds up a data base of problems that I can take to my supervisors to press for resouces or direct the resources we have.

1-800-465-4336

I will be discussing a wilderness watch program with the F&G club, as discussed at last weeks sport fish advisory board meeting at the club.

I will look thru my phone tonight or tomorrow and see if any of the video and or pictures are good enough. If they are I will bring them to you along with a roll of Duct Tape:D

Cheers,

Hey Fishassassin123,

I hear zap straps and a rubber hose are better!:D

Has anyone been out the past few days? Are the fish still silvers or are they turning now? I have the weekend off and thought I might make the drive if the fish are still worth keeping.
Thanks.

Extinction is Forever

nothing but silvers coming out
you may have ta wade thru 3 or 4 so so ones but hey its fun

quote:Originally posted by bgillard

Re: the poachers........
1-800-465-4336

I will be discussing a wilderness watch program with the F&G club, as discussed at last weeks sport fish advisory board meeting at the club.

Good on you Bryce! :)

quote:Originally posted by Reaper

nothing but silvers coming out
you may have ta wade thru 3 or 4 so so ones but hey its fun
Are you sure about that? I was there yesterday and today. I must have landed about 30 fish over the two days. Only had one silver, all the rest were just about to spawn or were already in the process of spawning. I'm thinking maybe it's time to leave them alone now.

dunno where you fishing but we nailed three chrome ones today guess it depends on where you are fishing and when
and yea i am totally sure i know what a silver/chrome fish looks like :p

quote:Originally posted by Bassblaster

Has anyone been out the past few days? Are the fish still silvers or are they turning now? I have the weekend off and thought I might make the drive if the fish are still worth keeping.
Thanks.

Extinction is Forever

my thoughts are now the same as gallows, not many nice ones at all, the "silver chums?" are VERY few and far between....

my river fishing will now be geared to steelhead fishing on the Stamp and Gold...

very very odd cause i was out this morning and nailed some very nice Chrome chum so not sure where you guys are fishing but its definatlly the wrong spot and/or the wrong time of day
i had a 20lb Chrome Chum break my rod today fresh run in i had to hand haul him in and then the hook popped out so i pounced on him
took him home and carved him up :)

very very odd cause i was out this morning and nailed some very nice Chrome chum so not sure where you guys are fishing but its definatlly the wrong spot and/or the wrong time of day
i had a 20lb Chrome Chum break my rod today fresh run in i had to hand haul him in and then the hook popped out so i pounced on him
took him home and carved him up :)

Dam straight i got pic of fish and broken rod

Back