Prawn Trap Rescue! Anyone at Thrasher with a puller?

Could be hung up too. Don’t push it in one direction, work it a bit and you may have some luck. Might bend a trap but but I hope you free it up.

If it is pretty lumpy, use the swell.

toss rope in puller pulley, lay down and as the boat rocks up hold rope and as it drops down pull in rope.

I’ve had to do it, sucks, slow but it worked for me.

Need to get me a line hauler. Just about had a heart attack pullimg in one trap today........ solo. It was tied around another trap. Took like 45min. 50feet at a time with rest and naps in between. Got the trap back though!!

i always pull mine up by hand but it gets a bit tiring. 400' is no joke. heave with your body as the swell drops the boat and wait for the swell to lift the pot on the upswing.

i always pull mine up by hand but it gets a bit tiring. 400' is no joke. heave with your body as the swell drops the boat and wait for the swell to lift the pot on the upswing.
I would give a guy $1000 if he could lift these traps by hand solo.

Heave with your body? Perhaps when I was in my early 20s...not now for sure..what if there is no swell? How much is throwing out your back and spending thousands on a chiropractor worth? But your back and your perogative. Used ace liner haulers or Scotty pullers can be bought for $400. Cheap insurance against breaking my back..even if you don't break your back, no one I've ever known has ever enjoyed pulling $400ft of line. But to each their own.

Last edited:
Back