Prawn Trap Rescue! Anyone at Thrasher with a puller?

Rain City

Crew Member
my Brutus **** the bed again. Max torque my butt. Anyone around Thrasher that has a puller I could borrow? I'm leaving tomorrow morning. (Monday)

my Brutus **** the bed again. Max torque my butt. Anyone around Thrasher that has a puller I could borrow? I'm leaving tomorrow morning. (Monday)
mine **** the bed too wires were melting, open that little box up and see if the wires are fused, got a new faster stronger motor

i split the wires up and it worked ok to at least pull the traps

Man something weird with these max torques I killed 2 of them in the sameday..... had to put the original back on to pull my traps. Got a brand new max torque sitting here but gonna keep the original just in case

My traps are 28lbs each (x2) and the 20 mph winds and 4 foot swell is making that impossible. Thanks for the help.
If you can’t find one let me know and I can make a early run over with one tomorrow morning .... I got a new prop I wanna test anyways lol

My traps are 28lbs each (x2) and the 20 mph winds and 4 foot swell is making that impossible. Thanks for the help.

Also why your puller burned out. They do not like the swell and side pull. Got to back on the traps try and keep that line vertical. Not much you can do about the swell but it overloads the puller on the way up.

28 lb each? What are they made of concrete? I'd suggest getting a bigger puller. Discovery, ez pull, etc

My reception is spotty. If you're able to help 778 896 7887

If anyone's wondering he didn't help whatsoever lol

Some people that fish deep and don't use a puller, hook it to a cleat pull it up with the boat and do a tight circle and pull the line like hell as fast as you can.
Repeat as necessary. Apparently it works good. I know it's not the best solution, but it may work for you.
Hope it helps

Some people that fish deep and don't use a puller, hook it to a cleat pull it up with the boat and do a tight circle and pull the line like hell as fast as you can.
Repeat as necessary. Apparently it works good. I know it's not the best solution, but it may work for you.
Hope it helps
Gunna give that a go with a scotchsman tomorrow if this GD wind would take a hike. Pretty hairy out there still.

Back