Prawn Fishing pretty good

saltydawg

Prawn fishing is the *****. Too many little ones. One of the guys at Anglers Anchorage complained that someone stole 2 of his traps and messed around with his other traps on an overnight soak by Pat Bay. This pulse fishery is a disaster

Last edited by a moderator:
Been prawning the last two days, Yes it has been good. Crabbing at Bamberton and have seen traps both days floating in 600' of water. Don't think people at stealing to many boats out there. Found a crab trap today that was set at Bamberton and was past Mill Bay Marina. Picked it up and reset it for the guy back at Bamberton and sent the GPS

Prawning stinks up here in area 14. It hasn't recovered in years after a major strike by the commercial guys. Keep posting the great results your having, maybe the fleet will come visit your area this year. :)

Oh we have our own fleet down here.
No prawns here, nothing to see.......move along

Prawn fishing pretty good in the inlet. Big ones and little ones =mixed bag. One of the guys at Anglers Anchorage complained that someone stole 2 of his traps and messed around with his other traps on an overnight soak by Pat Bay. This pulse fishery is working out.

won't stay good if you alert the heards to come down and drop traps. You guys blame the commericals for wiping out the prawns in the inlet, but around the island and brentwood bay its the sporties that take em all.

Loose lips, sink ships.

Went out this morning and a guy just coming in said that there was a guy checking everyones traps for them. Said he caught him red handed checking his traps. *******, glad I didn't catch him.

You guys blame the commericals for wiping out the prawns in the inlet, but around the island and brentwood bay its the sporties that take em all.

I had not realized that all Commercial Prawn licences for the coast of Vancouver Island and including the Inlet had been cancelled and that the First Nations sector has decided not to fish them at all also. It should be a lot less crowded out at Brentwood and the other island prawn spots with the sports fishermen taking them all.

I had not realized that all Commercial Prawn licences for the coast of Vancouver Island and including the Inlet had been cancelled and that the First Nations sector has decided not to fish them at all also. It should be a lot less crowded out at Brentwood and the other island prawn spots with the sports fishermen taking them all.

Really ?? when did that happen ?

You need to activate your sarcasm recognition software Scott. Or maybe I do.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Went out this morning and a guy just coming in said that there was a guy checking everyones traps for them. Said he caught him red handed checking his traps. *******, glad I didn't catch him.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up. I'll be sticking close if this **** is going down.

Casper, what area was this guy checking all the traps. did he give you a description of the boat.
thanks for the heads up

won't stay good if you alert the heards to come down and drop traps. You guys blame the commericals for wiping out the prawns in the inlet, but around the island and brentwood bay its the sporties that take em all.

Loose lips, sink ships.

Yeah You're right Poppa. I edited my post. Is it any better??

Prawn fishing is the *****. Too many little ones. One of the guys at Anglers Anchorage complained that someone stole 2 of his traps and messed around with his other traps on an overnight soak by Pat Bay. This pulse fishery is a disaster

Har! I heard that too!!!!

Not sure he already had his boat on the trailer and I think he was heading to work. I was also in a hurry to get out there and go to. I'm sure one of my set of traps was emptied. The other was full. At least they where still there. Sorry I can't help much more then that. Also today was the first day that I didn't find traps float ing in the middle of the inlet

Back