Port Refrew

pescador

Can anyone tell me if there is a place at or close to Port Renfrew where you can launch and tie up at that has cottages for rent? I'm thinking like a Critter Cove type set up in Nootka Sound where they provide sleeping accommodations, moorage, restaurant, fuel etc. I'm not familiar with Port Renfrew in terms of amenities. Or is the camp ground the only option?

Matador

Gallagers fish camp has cabins and moorage, or you can talk to the port renfrew hotel I think they still have a spot at the old gov dock, another place I think its called trails nest holds a spot there aswell, soule creek lodge might or there is trailhead lodge but you will have to paddle a dingy about 30 yards from the dock to their satellite float. what time of year are planning on going.

We're looking at July/Aug time frame. Wanted to look at booking now to ensure space is available. Do any of them serve food?

Matador

port renfrew hotel has cabins at the end of the warf and they own the pub about 30 seconds walk away or the hotel is up the street both are really close to all the restaurants in town. The only accomadation in town that offers food and accom on location is soule creek lodge and I dont know if they have a spot on the dock they are also a few minutes drive from moorage , but you can get moorage at the marina and stay anywhere in town. The marina is the only place to fuel in renfrew and is on the other side of town from the restaurants , if your bringing a vehicle no problem all within 5 minutes drive. Book early like you say thing can get fairly booked at that time.

I don't think Soule Creek has any moorage arrangements, however, I've stayed there before and they have a spot with their neighbour below to allow you to park a trailer boat. You can also likely get overnight arrangements for your boat at one of the spots on the river.

That said, Soule Creek lodge is amazing!!! The food is just incredible and they can pack a lunch and have both a breakfast and dinner if you wanted. It's about 15 minutes to the Marinas on the river way up one of the hills on the S side of Renfrew. The view on a clear day is outstanding. Accommodations either in their lodge or in a Yurt. It's not a fishing lodge however, more like a B&B.

http://www.soulecreeklodge.com/

TenMile
<'((((><

quote:Originally posted by pescador

Can anyone tell me if there is a place at or close to Port Renfrew where you can launch and tie up at that has cottages for rent? I'm thinking like a Critter Cove type set up in Nootka Sound where they provide sleeping accommodations, moorage, restaurant, fuel etc. I'm not familiar with Port Renfrew in terms of amenities. Or is the camp ground the only option?

Matador
First choice, if money is no object: Port Renfrew Hotel cabins.
http://www.portrenfrewresorts.com/accommodations

Year before last I had a couple of guys with me that stayed about five minute walk from the dock. I believe it was the Trailhead Resort. They have "float" space, with a green "dingy" to get you back and forth from the float and dock, if needed?
http://trailhead-resort.com/index.php?i=accommodations

Gallagers for sure, just have to watch the size of your boat and tides to get in and out.
http://www3.telus.net/gallaughers/

Thanks Charlie, we've decided to book at Port Renfrew Resorts. The only issue there is they want $50 for moorage per day which seems a little steep. In any case, it looks like the best place. We're looking at the middle of July which I hope timing wise is ok. Any idea if they have a cooler to leave fish and a decent place on the dock to clean them? I assume getting out to the fishing grounds isn't as tricky as dealing with the river? What's the run time to the decent fishing spots?

Matador

east point is about 2 minutes from the government dock.camper creek is about 15 minutes and logan creek would be 25 minutes. swiftsure bank is approx. 1-1 1/2 hrs. depending on sweell height.

quote:Originally posted by pescador

Thanks Charlie, we've decided to book at Port Renfrew Resorts. The only issue there is they want $50 for moorage per day which seems a little steep. In any case, it looks like the best place. We're looking at the middle of July which I hope timing wise is ok. Any idea if they have a cooler to leave fish and a decent place on the dock to clean them? I assume getting out to the fishing grounds isn't as tricky as dealing with the river? What's the run time to the decent fishing spots?

Matador
Supply and demand! It was around $45 last year on the "float"! I anchored out! Is that $50 on the "dock" or "float"? You might want to call and confirm the freezer?

Also, I just thought. Trails Nest Cottage was available a couple of months ago for that time frame. Even if you don't rent their cottage, they have a 30' berth on the "dock" for $125 a week, that you might be able to get? Another one is Ospreys Cabins? I believe Larry Quigley @ 250-647-5402, 250-642-2321, or 250-647-5541 would be the one to talk to? :)
http://www.trailsnestcottage.com/index.shtml

Quigley is gone, and the hotel guys own it now . they use it for accom for the miners they have working.

Back