Rec fisherman accommodation review....

Thanks ss, did you go to the Charlottes yet?

No, it got cancelled the weekend I was to leave. They decided to send another local person instead.....maybe next year.

However I did get another trip to Bella Coola, which was a great trip, even though I was working. Will post up that trip when I get back from guiding and hunting.

Cheers

SS

the nook

stayed their 4/6 years. best bag 4 your buck, moorage exellent, where can you leave your boat over night unatended with out worry ouernight. take charge of bunk house . most fisher people will help discard privoius people,s left overs. most people don,t need to be catered to unless your wife still babies you. many pleasent experiance in the bunkhouse met some interesting fisher people. both. sex******

take charge of bunk house

I have stayed in the bunk house 3-4 times. The worst time I ever had is when some group of ****'s decided to take charge of the bunk house. It was thier coffee maker it was thier beer fridge. It was thier dinner table and drinking table. It was also thier pile of dirty dishes that only got cleaned when they wanted to use them. I love the dock at space and most of the people I have met there. I hate and hope they have put a bathroom closer to the bunk house though.

The Nook is a bit out of the way if you like fishing off shore. 20mins inland from Bamfield. Being why I have till this season which was corrected by managment enjoyed my stay at Seabeam. I would stay @ Seabeam again if they let me. :)

I have nothing against either place just depends on what you want and need.....I have reasons to stay @ both places...

Yes , a Nice Outhouse with lights was built this year by Dave and Paul ,
attached to the North end of the building ,

I see some have you were dissapointed with the Bunkhouse ,
when i seen it earlier this season , it looked great , my friends made it work for them ,no complaints,,
they spent very minimal time in there , were usually out playing..
I will mention it to The Highers this off-season , im sure they will do whatever they can to address the issues for the upcoming season..
the owners are all pretty good people over there....

FD

I stayed at a place called the crabin Cabin it was on west Cracroft Island. This is a wicked floating cabin that could sleep 6 guys in there own beds in 3 rooms. The Cabin is about 15 mins from Cracroft PT, 30 mins from Flower Island and about 45mins to Malcolm Island. The cabin is a little out of the way but I think it was worth it. If you google crabin cabin you will find his webpage. I have stayed at poett nook and seabeams and there is no comparison and if you split the $200 bucks 6 ways its cheaper then seabeam or poettnook because the moorage is included in the price. Also you have the cabin to yourself so you don't have to fight over the fridge or coffe pot its just your group. The owners name is steve and he is a really easy going guy that like to come over and have a brew with you if he is around. There is more than one cabin for rent so if you have a big group let Steve know and he can sort something out for you.

JAC

If your looking for somewhere to stay on the fraser river with your boat check out the canoe pass inn. I stayed there last year for Sturgeon fishing trip and it worked great. Free morage on the floating home, full kitchen and a hot tub. It was about 45 min run the the fishing holes but not having to pull the boat out each day and stay at a hotel is worth it. We did spend an extra 75 or 100 bucks on fuel running up the river, but not having to worry about CRACK HEADS stealing my stuff is priceless! This would also be a great place to stay in the summer and target sockeyes as the fish are pretty much right out side there door!!!

Back