Port Alberni / Bamfield Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Picture070.jpg

Stunning fish! (Unless you're four feet tall) OK, nice fish ****. Now you have to talk about the foreplay....

Wow! Wadjugetemon? Henry Smith, Flashtail,or Ruby-eyed Wiggler? Give us the story, please. It will tide me over until my trip next week. Congrats.

Way to go Chris...Bigger than last year I'd say eh?
I knew it wud be stellar for you guy's...was Bubba there at that time? I'm thinking so.

Getbent is almost ready to go...eff me I won't miss another trip over again.
Give me a shout, lets do some beers and get the details.

Sorry boys but that is all you will hear about that story I think...:)

Cheers,

Getbent

Jesus that was a nice fish (46)! Good meeting you and bubba at the westside party on friday night. Shoulda saved that bad boy for the derby!

Has anyone ever seen a rod with a weigh scale on it. When I was out there on the weekend there was a guy there from grappler inlet that said he had lost a 32 and 35 lb. I figure he must have got a new kind of rod

:eek:LOL, its called tyee experience:rolleyes:, hahahahaa, good one don,,, how much was the fuel in ukee... per litre... first post and ya light me up!!!! both were definately over thirty.. one bigger than the other,,,fishin partner bob azumi lost em with me droolin over the side with a net in hand, his leader broke on the bigger of the two:eek: and flasher wobble got em on the first one. last time i tell ya about the two that got away... thanks again for the pleasure washer, got my mpg back right away!!!

Thanks guys . Yes it was a slab 45.5lbs 6 hours after it was bled so 47 or so in that picture i was fishing just past 14 mile rolling 6'' herring that day we picked up 4 nice ones .July 27 .i was with Mike from Road Runner Trailers fishing out the Ocean Belle and not a boat in site most guys fishing south bank .Yes Kelly it was a good party nice to meet you as well .Thanks to Osama and the tyee boys Jeff and Rick.I was lucky to fish Bamfield 20 days this summer with no trouble with the boat just sore head every morning so till next year Ocean Belle out .Tight Lines

Yes...You can fish from 5 all the way to flat tops and rats nose,,,24-27 miles

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s23-eng.htm

Keep it in your favourites and print it out to keep on board with you. Keep checking it through out the season and replace the old ones. I know I know you almost need a filing cabinet on board these days :D.

I always go into the fisheries office and get them to print it out for me, a few days before. Ink and paper that I have paid for with my tax $$ at least I am getting something!
If things change, then I have done my due diligence before I went out.

Just got back from dumping the boat in at Toquart to finish up the season...fished Friday for about 8hr in Barkley around Swale rock was into 7 Springs including a double header..... Nice size fish this year around 22lbs average :)

Just getting Dunn Deal loaded for a week of fishing out of Salmon Beach with buddies. What's the best bet for fishing locations? Outside or in? We have our favorite spots but also like to check in to see where/how everyone is doing? Thanks.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s23-eng.htm

Keep it in your favourites and print it out to keep on board with you. Keep checking it through out the season and replace the old ones. I know I know you almost need a filing cabinet on board these days :D.

Thanks for the link, i will get the last minute scoop at my fav fishing store "Gone Fishing" and a few last minute naeeds! Im hoping to put my crew on some fish, sounds like there is alot of action around everyone i talk to say its a stellar year!

Back