Podding a SeaSport 22

We had a small aft wheel installed on our build. It is hooked into the SeaStar (?) system. The last time we were out I trolled the boat down and went aft to steer the boat.

Surprisingly it was easier to steer than with the main wheel. I had my wife maneuver the boat and run it for about 15 minutes, Figure 8's , zig zag . Our wheel is set up the same as the main wheel i.e. turn to starboard boat goes to starboard..

What was surprising was how good the visibility was looking straight though the cabin..

We passed on another set of engine controls. The cabling is accessible through an inspection port so we can always add it later.

Attachments

• 1650932855492.png
    1650932855492.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
Very frustrating. I know exactly how you feel.

I also gave it more thought and realized it was while watching a Tuna show where they regularly backed down on the fish. It was in that case where it kind of made sense.

Sorry, I realize this isn't helping the situation whatsoever.
Well I finally got my boat back from Sherwood marine. Apparently correcting the helm steering wasn’t a big deal despite all the battles I had with SG Power saying it wasn’t possible. What a headache gone after so many months! I was driving by SG this morning and saw the manager in the parking lot, I turned around to let him know that Sherwood fixed their install but I realized I didn’t want to get into a pointless discussion and hear more excuses. They are currently closing shop and there were lots of moving vans in their parking lot removing their remaining inventory. Anyone out there want to start a marine shop in Victoria specializing in Yamaha, this might be a good time ;)

Back